The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands

+3
Cincy Fan 44
Pez
LTRT
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands - Page 3 Empty Re: Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 am

Jobless rate rises to 10.2% from 9.8%

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The unemployment rate has surpassed 10 percent for the first time since 1983 -- and is likely to go higher.

Nearly 16 million people can't find jobs even though the worst recession since the Great Depression has apparently ended.

Yep, the stimulus is working great. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands - Page 3 Empty Re: Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands

Post  Pez Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Are you talking about the large growth in worker productivity? The kind of growth not sustainable over the long term, thus forcing companies to hire people? Or the 9.4% increase in existing home sales? Or are you being sarcastic?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Pez wrote:Are you talking about the large growth in worker productivity?

Due to the workers having to put out more due to less workers on the job and fearing if they don't they'll be next out the door.

Pez wrote:Or the 9.4% increase in existing home sales?

Due to the gov't's $8000 (1st time) & $6500 (current owner) credits.

Pez wrote:Or are you being sarcastic?

Serious as a heart attack, this administration's actions are nothing but a power grab and a sham on the taxpayers.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:51 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:Are you talking about the large growth in worker productivity?

Due to the workers having to put out more due to less workers on the job and fearing if they don't they'll be next out the door.

Pez wrote:Or the 9.4% increase in existing home sales?

Due to the gov't's $8000 (1st time) & $6500 (current owner) credits.

Pez wrote:Or are you being sarcastic?

Serious as a heart attack, this administration's actions are nothing but a power grab and a sham on the taxpayers.

The kinds of increases in productivity are an indicator of future job growth... I'm not making this up... the levels of worker productity reported today are not sustainable, and will eeventually result in job growth...

Of course it's due to the gvts $8000 and $6500 credits, paid for by the stimulus dollars... you are faulting the stimulus for stimulating home sales? I thought that was what it was supposed to do.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Pez wrote:Of course it's due to the gvts $8000 and $6500 credits, paid for by the stimulus dollars... you are faulting the stimulus for stimulating home sales? I thought that was what it was supposed to do.

Come on now, we're not kids here. Cool

They just extended the credits even longer to continue the sales, but they will eventually end soon. Then we'll see the real numbers, they're going to fall off the cliff, just like car sales.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:27 pm

if our morman friend had been elected and things were as they are now..same action on economy, banks, auto industry taken in past 9 months..we would be witnessing lrtr bragging about what a great job his man mitt was doing...its all about face and party designation.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:44 pm

floridafun wrote:if our morman friend had been elected and things were as they are now..same action on economy, banks, auto industry taken in past 9 months..we would be witnessing lrtr bragging about what a great job his man mitt was doing...its all about face and party designation.

And your crystal ball says Mitt would've done the same thing huh? I care to differ...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:53 pm

LTRT wrote:
Come on now, we're not kids here. Cool

They just extended the credits even longer to continue the sales, but they will eventually end soon. Then we'll see the real numbers, they're going to fall off the cliff, just like car sales.

Well, if that is what you choose to believe... lower interest rates might have something to do with it to, but I'd hate to sound childish Smile

I'm just trying to figure out your poistion... if he hadnt issued and extended the home buyers credit, it would be fault for home sales tanking, then he spends the money to stimulate home sales, and it, frankly, works (9%+) and this is wrong how? I guess what should have Obama done?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Pez wrote:I'm just trying to figure out your poistion... if he hadnt issued and extended the home buyers credit, it would be fault for home sales tanking, then he spends the money to stimulate home sales, and it, frankly, works (9%+) and this is wrong how? I guess what should have Obama done?

A reference to Barney Frank? Now there's one I'd start with.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:04 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:I'm just trying to figure out your poistion... if he hadnt issued and extended the home buyers credit, it would be fault for home sales tanking, then he spends the money to stimulate home sales, and it, frankly, works (9%+) and this is wrong how? I guess what should have Obama done?

A reference to Barney Frank? Now there's one I'd start with.

heh... I meant it in the "clearly manifest, evident" sense... so you're saying Obama should throw out Barney Frank? Maybe home sale would have risen by 12%... brilliant! (swills guiness).

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:05 pm

oh... and in your sig: '7 Months After Stimulus 49 of 50 States Have Lost Jobs'... are you checking puerto rico and guam... they have prolly lost jobs also... and Obama seems it as 49 out of 57 states, which is a much better percentage.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Pez wrote:oh... and in your sig: '7 Months After Stimulus 49 of 50 States Have Lost Jobs'... are you checking puerto rico and guam... they have prolly lost jobs also... and Obama seems it as 49 out of 57 states, which is a much better percentage.

Yea, I wish we had an automagical counter so I didn't have to change the months. Very Happy

Thanks for the laughs as we wrap up another fine Friday. Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands - Page 3 64140
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Pez wrote:The kinds of increases in productivity are an indicator of future job growth... I'm not making this up... the levels of worker productity reported today are not sustainable, and will eeventually result in job growth...
You may be right, but I thought the whole idea was to have an immediate impact. If not, the whole thing is a failure IMO. There will be temporary jobs created for these projects at the same time our taxes are going up. I mean with this and universal healthcare there is no way I can believe we won't see a major tax increase. So less income = less spending = anti stimulus.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:45 pm

it seems every talk i have heard from obama he is very clear on it took time to get this way and it will take time to improve. many will hurt financially, we need to work together and understand there is no overnite cure, it will take time. guess it was the koolaid.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:24 am

floridafun wrote:it seems every talk i have heard from obama he is very clear on it took time to get this way and it will take time to improve. many will hurt financially, we need to work together and understand there is no overnite cure, it will take time. guess it was the koolaid.

Yep those dems have been working since 2007 to get the economy in this shape.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:17 am

actually it has been in the works since obama was born in kenya and they bribed his mom to give him the same middle name as his daddy..its all a muslim/communism plot and its working praise allah!! Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands - Page 3 894597
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Fed officials warn weak recovery won't spur jobs
Fed officials warn of long road ahead to turn around jobs market, commercial real estate
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Fed-officials-warn-weak-apf-3879922712.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=2&asset=&ccode=

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Unemployment likely will remain high for the next several years because the economic recovery won't be strong enough to spur robust hiring, Federal Reserve officials warned Tuesday.

"With such a slow rebound, unemployment could well stay high for several years to come," Yellen said. "In other words, our recovery is likely to feel like something well short of good times."

Yellen envisions the shape of the recovery kind of like an "L" with a gradual upward tilt of the base.

Lockhart said "very slow net job gains" may occur "sometime next year."

Even more proof that this administration has no clue on how to create jobs. I couldn't find any mention of jobs "saved" in the story, now isn't that just wierd.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:30 pm

I wonder if Michael Moore will do a movie called "Fahrenheit: Stimulus Package"??? Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I wonder if Michael Moore will do a movie called "Fahrenheit: Stimulus Package"??? Laughing

Not even he can come up with that many believable lies like that.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3