The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Care in America

+2
LTRT
IrishGuy
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Health Care in America Empty Health Care in America

Post  Guest Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:28 pm

yea, we don't need universal healthcare in this country, the free market is doing just fine <sarcasm>. This article struck me as really really sad.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/150846
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Health Care in America Empty Re: Health Care in America

Post  IrishGuy Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Dude, from one man to another, your avatar is ridiculous. jmo Very Happy
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Yeh, why didn't you get in on that photoshoot Bman.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:33 pm

Bman is the houseboy, he took the picture.. lol!

Last edited by Canuck on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:33 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Dude, from one man to another, your avatar is ridiculous. jmo Very Happy

Y'all got so grumpy about my anti-mccain rhetoric that I was going to be positive for a while.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Bman wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:Dude, from one man to another, your avatar is ridiculous. jmo Very Happy

Y'all got so grumpy about my anti-mccain rhetoric that I was going to be positive for a while.

I take it when they don't like your avatar, or your posts you're on the right track.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 pm

Regardless of who is the president or who is controlling congress I don't think you guys will ever have universal healthcare.

Ours is slowly changing too, some drugs are becoming over the counter meds so no longer covered by the gov't for seniors and in some cases no longer covered by insurance.

I think people need to get off meds, stop running to the doctor everytime the wind changes direction.

Then again, how could we complain? The drug companies are just following the capitalism dream.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Bman wrote:yea, we don't need universal healthcare in this country, the free market is doing just fine <sarcasm>. This article struck me as really really sad.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/150846
Really, really sad? Do you always the negative side of everything? I was really uplifted by this story. This is what we need to see more, non-profit groups helping those in need. Oh, I forgot, Obama said we need universal health care. For a minute there I thought you were making social commentary rather than another political statement.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:46 pm

I bet you would not be uplifted if you had to wait on free dental to come to your region of the country. PHONY!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:46 pm

It is a kinder and gentler side of Bman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:10 pm

Bman wrote:I bet you would not be uplifted if you had to wait on free dental to come to your region of the country. PHONY!
What's your point, that Obama will be providing me with free dental? I must have missed that memo.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:59 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:I bet you would not be uplifted if you had to wait on free dental to come to your region of the country. PHONY!
What's your point, that Obama will be providing me with free dental? I must have missed that memo.

No my point is that you wealthy right wingers that don't give a chit about the working poor think they should be grateful that a group of doctors *might* show up occassionally to check them out ... ALL americans deserve healthcare, just not Mark and Card.

I expected that response from someone Mark ... the let them eat cake response which is so often used by the wealthy in this country because of greed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 am

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

No my point is that you wealthy right wingers that don't give a chit about the working poor think they should be grateful that a group of doctors *might* show up occassionally to check them out ... ALL americans deserve healthcare, just not Mark and Card.

I expected that response from someone Mark ... the let them eat cake response which is so often used by the wealthy in this country because of greed.
Wealthy right winger huh? Sorry, you don't have a clue. If I'm wealthy why do I drive an 11 year old van with 170,000 miles on it and live in it down by the river? Okay, I made up the part about living in it but you get the point. I would venture a guess that you are wealthier than me. I have a kid that will be wanting to go to college soon and I can't help financially very much. Do you or Obama give a chit about that enough, or just concerned about healthcare? I'm not complaining, just blasting your blatant overgeneralizations. You have no idea what I do to help those less fortunate, never said anything along the lines of let them eat cake. How sad that you feel you have to stereotype to make a point.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:31 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Wealthy right winger huh? Sorry, you don't have a clue. If I'm wealthy why do I drive an 11 year old van with 170,000 miles on it and live in it down by the river? Okay, I made up the part about living in it but you get the point. I would venture a guess that you are wealthier than me. I have a kid that will be wanting to go to college soon and I can't help financially very much. Do you or Obama give a chit about that enough, or just concerned about healthcare? I'm not complaining, just blasting your blatant overgeneralizations. You have no idea what I do to help those less fortunate, never said anything along the lines of let them eat cake. How sad that you feel you have to stereotype to make a point.

that's very good... admitting you have a problem is the first step. Somehow it seems you would understand how a pragmatic approach to democracy might serve you and your family better than abstract ethereal concepts of free market ideals that will solve every problem... that if we just let the market correct itself all the derivative problems will be solved as well... ex. your kid's college tuition will be paid by tax revenue when the economy improves... just tell him/her to be patient help is on the way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Just a thought... in the 90's we had a huge boom thanks to the dot commers... I don't seem to recall anyone complaining about how evil the Free Market was then..... and that's the problem... Most people don't understand that a free market economy means ups and downs. They just want the highs and then want to blame those people who provided the highs when things turn down.

Oh... and Universal Healthcare is a joke... look at Canada and the UK, they are slowly moving towards privatized healthcare because it's better and people don't want to take a one size fits all for their life, they want the best money can buy, and they always will.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Actually it is not the people who want privatized healthcare.
It is corporations and some levels of governments.
If people would learn how to take care of themselves instead of running for a prescription everytime, the systems won't be so out of whack.
Prevention is better than cure.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:24 pm

Canuck wrote:Actually it is not the people who want privatized healthcare.
If people would learn how to take care of themselves instead of running for a prescription everytime, the systems won't be so out of whack.

Sorry.. I can only speak of what my sister in law who came from the UK and is in the medical field tells me...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Did she say why she thinks privatized healthcare would be better?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:37 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Canuck wrote:Actually it is not the people who want privatized healthcare.

Sorry.. I can only speak of what my sister in law who came from the UK and is in the medical field tells me...

Yeah, I've talked to 3 of 'em today. If I haven't already, I should explain what I do at work sometime, but ya know... privacy concerns, etc. Lets suffice to say that it's close to the medical billing side of Doctors offices, and Surgery centers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Meta, you pimp the Docs out to the surgery centres? lol!
Giddy up!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:01 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Just a thought... in the 90's we had a huge boom thanks to the dot commers... I don't seem to recall anyone complaining about how evil the Free Market was then..... and that's the problem... Most people don't understand that a free market economy means ups and downs. They just want the highs and then want to blame those people who provided the highs when things turn down.

Oh... and Universal Healthcare is a joke... look at Canada and the UK, they are slowly moving towards privatized healthcare because it's better and people don't want to take a one size fits all for their life, they want the best money can buy, and they always will.

The point of National Healthcare for me is not that the rich want the best, they will still get the best healthcare after we go to Universal Healthcare because they can afford to go whereever and buy whatever care is needed, the concept for me behind universal healthcare is so that EVERYONE has access to healthcare and don't have to rely on a handout from some rich group of doctors that feel philanthropic occassionally and come down to help out.

Healthcare should not be charity ... healthcare should be guaranteed for all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Bman wrote:Healthcare should not be charity ... healthcare should be guaranteed for all.

cheers to Fidel... lol!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:02 pm

Bman wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:Just a thought... in the 90's we had a huge boom thanks to the dot commers... I don't seem to recall anyone complaining about how evil the Free Market was then..... and that's the problem... Most people don't understand that a free market economy means ups and downs. They just want the highs and then want to blame those people who provided the highs when things turn down.

The point of National Healthcare for me is not that the rich want the best, they will still get the best healthcare after we go to Universal Healthcare because they can afford to go whereever and buy whatever care is needed, the concept for me behind universal healthcare is so that EVERYONE has access to healthcare and don't have to rely on a handout from some rich group of doctors that feel philanthropic occassionally and come down to help out.

Healthcare should not be charity ... healthcare should be guaranteed for all.

Yep. That's the warm blanket that most you'll talk to in other countries will admit to as well. When they're sick they can get help. They are shocked to hear how many people just go on suffering because they can't afford.

...this National Healthcare issue will be a huge issue. I think most Doctors and healthcare administrators will say they absolutely believe the industry needs reform, but the concerns are that Gov will create a larger mess and even more oversight and regulation than already exist. This is a very challenging issue and not to be taken lightly, but ultimately it will take this country to the next level.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Canuck wrote:Did she say why she thinks privatized healthcare would be better?

1) Name one thing that our gov't does better than the private sector.... other than waste money.
2) see social security for why the gov't shouldn't be in charge of anything that involves taking our money and determining who gets to use it when and why
3) but mostly, it'll work like a union, it takes away any incentive to get to the top and instead puts the emphasis on just seeing people, not necessarily giving quality care.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:10 am

cardinal5150 wrote:
Canuck wrote:Did she say why she thinks privatized healthcare would be better?

1) Name one thing that our gov't does better than the private sector.... other than waste money.
2) see social security for why the gov't shouldn't be in charge of anything that involves taking our money and determining who gets to use it when and why
3) but mostly, it'll work like a union, it takes away any incentive to get to the top and instead puts the emphasis on just seeing people, not necessarily giving quality care.

on your #3...do you REALLY think alot of those "at the top" of med industry in america are intent on giving quality care? or is it quantity care..ordering every possible test repeadly with no real need, doling out meds for all kind of crap a little diet and exercise would cure...for mo money in the docs pocket. yea lets all embrace that!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next