The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCain's VP????

+5
moondrop
LTRT
floridafun
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
9 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

McCain's VP???? - Page 8 Empty Re: McCain's VP????

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Vis wrote:Why does Obama's negligible experience count more than her limited experience?

Because the left says so.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:26 pm

LTRT wrote:
Vis wrote:Why does Obama's negligible experience count more than her limited experience?

Ah, I see you've got the Rove playbook out... studying?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:27 pm

The scope of his experience is far and away different. He is on the Foreign relations committee for one, not sure of what other US SENATE committees he sits on but I can get that for you if you want it. He has met with key world leaders, Iraqi PM, Israel PM, Palistinian PM, PM of Germany, President of France, PM of Great Britian plus others while in Washington. Her scope is that she can get National Servall to sit down and discuss trash removal fees, but Obama can and had sat world leaders down and discussed US policies with them.

Much different.

I am with Meta, this pick deserves a WTF and any of you not saying that are just telling a lie. I am thrilled with this pick and I am thrilled she came out last night like a pitbull with lipstick on, now that she has thrown the first punch we can knock her out now.

Game on!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Meta's post made some people happy

McCain's VP???? - Page 8 Waqa6u
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm seriously asking questions, and I know the Right Fielders are struggling with the sun in their eyes. I don't hit lefty all the time. I'm just asking some honest questions about how you guys/gals (right fielders) about how you 'feel' about this. No one has said anything about that yet...

Some of you see this as a game (and Bman as your main competition, I suspect), but rest assured, you're probably not going to change anyone's mind by posting your opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:36 pm

meta4 wrote:

She's going nowhere. I've heard some compare her lack of experience to Obama. There's no comparison. Length of time does not make up for the sphere in which they have been active.

I completely agree.. what has BO done? He's served with fellow Dem's to do virtually nothing. He's been part of some bills to clean up Washington.. great start. He suddenly can fix all our problems as President? Really? Considering most of the power is actually in Congress it seems to me that such a visionary and leader should have been able to rally the troops enough to get something pretty large done in 4 years... which just happens to coincide with a term as President. After all, he's a strapping young man, not an old guy with gray hair.

Palin does not have a ton of experience, neither does BO. Now, as of a couple weeks ago this limited experience was a good thing according to the left. It meant there wasn't years of corruption built up, should we go find the commercials he ran about McCain's experience in Washington being a bad thing in comparison to his lack thereof? But here we have someone completely outside of Washington and now experience matters. Pretty interesting.

It's also worth pointing out that Palin, while limited in what she's done for the public, was at least running the government she was working with. Something none of the other three can lay claim to. So if either of the #2's are ready to lead, well, one of them actually has leadership experience in a government position, one doesn't.

Aside from a good speech last night, what tangible events - FACTS, if you will - can anyone find to support the claim that her experience in Wasilla and briefly as Governor will speak of her more loudly than a squeaking mouse. This lack of experience leads to the question "What does she bring to the McCain campaign?"

By this logic, please bring some facts that BO brings anything to the table... aside from the squeaky mouse of a couple years in the Senate where he voted almost 100% of the time with the Democrat party. After all, he's got very little experience, so you are basing your entire belief that BO is the best option on the assumption that he'll live up to everything he promises. Because he doesn't have a track record to go off of.

Why her? Is it merely that she's different, she's a mom... so we can relate to her and she can relate to McCain? Compare her life experience and McCain. Where do they connect? When have they been given an opportunity to form even the slightest working relationship? They come from two *completely* different worlds. Ask yourself this, as a team, do they seem they have a "fit"? Will the campaign even suggest they will? What will McCain "give" her to work on?

Insert Biden and Obama in place and McCain and Palin and answer this question. Or for that matter, insert Clinton and Gore here, Reagen and Bush, etc. To use your words, that's some pretty weak shit you got there..

Just a note here.. Clinton was Governor with no prior experience in politics what-so-ever.. not sure if the Dem's bothered to think about that. He also was never in Washington before being Prez.

McCain and Palin are similar in terms of political minds. Whatever you are trying to suggest by them being different people.. well.. are you going to suggest with a straight face that Biden and BO are similar and fit? Both campaigns picked polar opposites of their candidate in terms of who the person is. The big difference being it's easier to find someone who is young and a "maverick" than it is to find someone who is old and fits the image of change (after 30 years at the same job).

I'm not trying to be sexist when I suggest that it's going to take more than a pic in a bikini to convince people that she can handle the job. If McCain/Palin prevails, it will be much worse than Cheney running things from the VP seat while a talking monkey makes all the public appearances. Nothing has prepared her for the VP office. Period.

also, more of this "God called the United States to war... to defend freedom... n'stuff from the Bible." ( I'm not even going to get into that )

Just to be fair, I don't expect answers to all of these questions. I understand I'm not the only one who's shaking his head wispering 'WTF?'

You do realize that pic was a fake right? Just want to make sure.

What has qualified BO for the position of Prez? Seriously.. he's not even a leader in his own party, at least not in anything related to congress. What committee does he head? When was he nominated speaker, or leader of the party? Never. He's a senator, just like 99 others, who has proposed some legislation, walked in line with his party with the big difference being he's younger than most anyone else. Again, a big difference being you are arguing about the #2 Republican and I'm comparing that to the #1 Democrat.

I want you to honestly look at all your concerns about Palin (who is the VP, not the Prez remember) and seriously answer them in terms of inserting BO's name for her's and Prez for VP. If you want facts, there simply are none that prove he is capable of doing the job. I'll argue there is nothing that supports any of the three from a factual standpoint, except Palin, as she's the only one to ever actually run a government (see Alaska).

Say what you want about her leading small towns, and a small population state. The people who elected her have yet to say anything bad about her. The only thing coming out so far is that a state employee wouldn't fire a trooper who threatened to kill someone and thus, lost their job. I don't care who the guy was married to, he should have been fired, and received some sort of jail sentance. Oh, and I forgot... she has a daughter who is 17 and pregnant. Clearly that means she's not ready to lead....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:37 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Got the Bman playbook out?

"Avoid any questions you can't answer by refering to an evil righty"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:40 pm

Have they found any terrorist friends or crazy pastors who hate America in Palin's background yet? Have they found any quotes from her that say she would be honored to serve on Barack Obama's ticket like Biden said of McCain? Has she said you can't go into a Dunkin Donuts or 7-11 without an Indian accent like Biden has? Has she ever said any of her kids should be able to abort their mistake like Obama wants his daughters to do if that happens?

Just wonderin'... Twisted Evil
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:40 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

No, it's totally based on the posts of Bman, FF and you!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:40 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:4 years serving on City Council for a town of 6,700 people. 6 years as mayor of said town. Weak...

I can't even compare this to Kendallville! In a state that has roughly double the population of Allen County, IN.

She's gonna be gone faster than Spuds McKenzie wearing lipstick...
Where is she going?

So, I guess she should have packed up her family and moved to a bigger city to get some real mayoral experience. Rolling Eyes

She's going nowhere. I've heard some compare her lack of experience to Obama. There's no comparison. Length of time does not make up for the sphere in which they have been active.

Aside from a good speech last night, what tangible events - FACTS, if you will - can anyone find to support the claim that her experience in Wasilla and briefly as Governor will speak of her more loudly than a squeaking mouse. This lack of experience leads to the question "What does she bring to the McCain campaign?"

Why her? Is it merely that she's different, she's a mom... so we can relate to her and she can relate to McCain? Compare her life experience and McCain. Where do they connect? When have they been given an opportunity to form even the slightest working relationship? They come from two *completely* different worlds. Ask yourself this, as a team, do they seem they have a "fit"? Will the campaign even suggest they will? What will McCain "give" her to work on?

I'm not trying to be sexist when I suggest that it's going to take more than a pic in a bikini to convince people that she can handle the job. (I know it's a Photoshop fake) If McCain/Palin prevails, it will be much worse than Cheney running things from the VP seat while a talking monkey makes all the public appearances. Nothing has prepared her for the VP office. Period.

also, more of this "God called the United States to war... to defend freedom... n'stuff from the Bible." ( I'm not even going to get into that )

Just to be fair, I don't expect answers to all of these questions. I understand I'm not the only one who's shaking his head wispering 'WTF?'
I don't suppose I can answer those questions. I only heard snippets of her speech because I don't watch the conventions. I'll form an opinion when I know more. It's just bothersome that the Obamaniacs went on and on about we need someone fresh, not the same we as we've had with the Clinton's or Bush's, and then criticize Palin for her supposed lack of experience. If McCain had picked Romney, do you think Bman would be out here saying "That's a good pick. It's going to be harder to beat him now."? I thought maybe you had an open mind and didn't judge so quickly.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Bman wrote:

The scope of his experience is far and away different. He is on the Foreign relations committee for one, not sure of what other US SENATE committees he sits on but I can get that for you if you want it.

No need. That's the difference between us. Foreign Relations Committee, Veterans' Affairs, Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. I bet you know what kind of undies he wears though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Card,

Honestly, I have a tough time reading your posts. Do you ever talk straight? Most of your political posts seem to be regurgitated directly from Beck scripture. Not sure if I'll be able to respond to all of it because it will take me a while to filter out the Glenn Beck modulation... I don't consider myself a lefty or a righty, as some others do, and hence I generally don't respond as someone reading from the "Left/Right-handed Bible". You'll have to excuse me for several moments while I continue to filter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Have they found any terrorist friends or crazy pastors who hate America in Palin's background yet? Have they found any quotes from her that say she would be honored to serve on Barack Obama's ticket like Biden said of McCain? Has she said you can't go into a Dunkin Donuts or 7-11 without an Indian accent like Biden has? Has she ever said any of her kids should be able to abort their mistake like Obama wants his daughters to do if that happens?

Just wonderin'... Twisted Evil

Probably ... did you hear the speech she gave to her church just a month or so ago? The War in Iraq is a HOLY war for God etc .... the speech is out there go read it.

Oh ... and her and her husband wanted to have Alaska cede from the US of A.

Bring it on ...

She is fresh, whoever mentioned that, she is fresh. I will give her that. If we need someone to go toe to toe with National Servall on rates we have our former mayor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:51 pm

LTRT wrote:No, it's totally based on the posts of Bman, FF and you!

That's pretty weak then...

You shouldn't group me with them, I know virtually nothing about the Dem party. I just hate Big Corp. greed, waste, and "legal" crime and I have a soft spot for Mother Earth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:51 pm

Vis wrote:
Bman wrote:

The scope of his experience is far and away different. He is on the Foreign relations committee for one, not sure of what other US SENATE committees he sits on but I can get that for you if you want it.

No need. That's the difference between us. Foreign Relations Committee, Veterans' Affairs, Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. I bet you know what kind of undies he wears though.

Guessing some fancy brand since he is elite and all. Maybe BVDs? I will ask next time I have a sit down with him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:52 pm

We need a new thread on some of these issues... I'll start one that I think is needed...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:53 pm

In his own words.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:59 pm

meta4 wrote:Card,

Honestly, I have a tough time reading your posts. Do you ever talk straight? Most of your political posts seem to be regurgitated directly from Beck scripture. Not sure if I'll be able to respond to all of it because it will take me a while to filter out the Glenn Beck modulation... I don't consider myself a lefty or a righty, as some others do, and hence I generally don't respond as someone reading from the "Left/Right-handed Bible". You'll have to excuse me for several moments while I continue to filter.
Really? I didn't have a hard time reading them at all.
She also fought her own party to get rid of corruption.
Yeah, that (just one of his points) seems pretty clear to me. So if I can sum up your strategy for assessing Palin, it's badmouth her, ask the right what she brings to the table, and then when we do, revert to the "your posts aren't talking straight" argument, so that you can continue to claim she's a bad pick.

Oh, and let me add she has dealt with National Serv-All a number of times as Bman was gracious enough to inform us.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Seems to me you guys are having a difficult time defending her. One of my last statements on this thread will be, the press would be negligent if they did not vet this candidate, she and you guys should welcome this scrutiny to prove she is legit. Obama was vetted by the press, Biden was, McCain was ... so to should Palin.

quit your crying and realize this is necessary, if she has nothing to hide she will be ok.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Bman wrote:Seems to me you guys are having a difficult time defending her. One of my last statements on this thread will be, the press would be negligent if they did not vet this candidate, she and you guys should welcome this scrutiny to prove she is legit. Obama was vetted by the press, Biden was, McCain was ... so to should Palin.

quit your crying and realize this is necessary, if she has nothing to hide she will be ok.
I think a lot will argue, rightly or wrongly, that Obama largely got a pass on his vetting by the media. The media are in love with him! I love you
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:13 pm

McCain's VP???? - Page 8 12205510
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:17 pm

37,244,000 WATCHED PALIN SPEECH ... [38,379,000 WATCHED OBAMA]...

Pretty good numbers for a "small town Mayor"
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 pm

I slow down to look at a traffic accident, too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 pm

meta4 wrote:Card,

For the record.. I've listened to the combo or Beck, Rush and Hannity a total of maybe 10 minutes in the past month...... so if you think there is some sort of right wing guidebook I'm reading from.. I'm not, it's all pretty much common sense.. if you attack one person inexperience, as Vis said, how can you ignore the others?

So... sorry if you don't like my answers... but I wasn't interjecting a whole lot of opinion in there. You want facts on if she is ready to lead, well, look at her history. Her constituents have yet to come forward and bash her for anything. The one looming black mark is this trooper deal, and again, if he threatened to kill someone, he should have been fired. As for the employee that didn't fire her, she is the governor. If she asks you to fire someone like that, for that reason, it shouldn't be an issue. The fact that she took on her own political party for corruption should speak enough about her character.

So again.. if you want facts showing how she'll be a good leader (as the VP, remember) that's fine, but let's see some facts showing BO will be a good leader as well. He doesn't lead anything in Washington, so that pretty much crosses off all his senate experience. What's next, the Illinois legislature? And that's more luxurious than the mayor how? Anyone here know who the state reps are for our area? Anyone know who the mayor is? who sees which one doing more, mayor or state reps? Just asking questions here..

I'm sure you think you are neutral.. and if that's the case, where are all your concerns about BO?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:Seems to me you guys are having a difficult time defending her. One of my last statements on this thread will be, the press would be negligent if they did not vet this candidate, she and you guys should welcome this scrutiny to prove she is legit. Obama was vetted by the press, Biden was, McCain was ... so to should Palin.

I think a lot will argue, rightly or wrongly, that Obama largely got a pass on his vetting by the media. The media are in love with him! I love you

What.. you mean the fact that both candidates picked VP's who are essentially polar opposites of the Prez nominee and only one candidate is getting flack for it means there's a media bias? No way... you must be part of the right wing conspiracy....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next