The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCain's VP????

+5
moondrop
LTRT
floridafun
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
9 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

McCain's VP???? - Page 3 Empty Re: McCain's VP????

Post  Mort Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:58 am

No religion should be telling anyone what to do with your body.

Its up to the person who owns the body to decide.

We don't need a govt deciding for us.

We don't need a religion telling us what to do.

That's pretty simple math.
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:28 am

Mort wrote:No religion should be telling anyone what to do with your body.

Its up to the person who owns the body to decide.

We don't need a govt deciding for us.

We don't need a religion telling us what to do.

That's pretty simple math.
I don't think religion tells anyone what to do with their body. If a woman decides not to have an abortion because it's against her religion, then she has made that decision herself.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:43 am

floridafun wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:
meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:
floridafun wrote:she is pro-illegal abortion, chose to give birth to her downs syndrome baby rather than abort. this is what cnn has---

Good to know you believe all babies with Down's Syndrome should be aborted.... what's next, only the Aryan race is allowed?

Hittin' the crack pipe early card? WTF, how did you infer that from what she said?

Pro Illegal Abortion because she chose to have a baby with downs syndrome? You don't see that as being slightly less than biased in the wording?

my post didnt say BECAUSE. there was a comma, pause and continue to state what little was known that day about her thoughts on the issues.

and meta--the babys age being confusing--i see the the earlier post reed is telling a reporter she was tested 2 years ago for her pregnancy and they found the downs link. duh---i suspect he missed it by a year since the kid was just born in april geek

Ahh.. so the two are not related at all.. you just happened to only post two things about her.. fascinating. I'm interested though as to how her having a child with DS is relevant at all then since you were just throwing facts out there and all..... please do tell....

Point remains you're implying that she's "Pro Illegal Abortion" (I'd love to see what newsletter you got that one from) because she actually wants people to have kids if they have sex.. i.e. own up to their actions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:52 am

MichaelK wrote:Stolen from our friends at /b/

Full of win. /b/tard out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:27 pm

She is pro-life!!!!! nothing more, nothing less.

If religion and gov't should stay out of it. Then they should not have made any abortion legal.

As far as Palins daughter, it just shows they are a normal family dealing with family issues like most of us.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:45 pm

I'm just scratching my head at McCain's vp pick... Obama picked to augment his experience, and it appears McCain picked to offset his experience. I cant imagine a staunch pro-life conservative with little experience is going to sway many Hillary voters. So he either picked her on Her merits alone (that none of us seem privy to), or he has made a serious mistake in trying to breathe life back into his campaign...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:57 pm

I think there's a lot weighing on the side of hilarity with Bristol. Her Babydaddy is now revealed as Levi Johnston, and is quoted by the Huffington Post ( I know, they suck ) as saying "I don't want kids", but then on the other hand you have the Palin family and news agencies spewing all this trash that Bristol "expects to marry the father, who we won't disclose now". Jeez, as if this is some kind of disgrace and his name cannot be mentioned next to Bristol's, because he's only the sperm donor at the moment.

I hope he asks her to marry him... but I have my doubts.

If there ever was a point in time to highlight it, this is the time to say Levi is going to be royally screwed if he doesn't marry her. At this point, he's probably wishing he would have hooked up with any other girl...

Small town Alaska boy being thrust into the spotlight for (at least) the next few months, has a choice NOT to marry her, but probably will be pressured by unknown sources to do so. I just hope he thinks it through completely before going through with Marriage 'cuz after the "campaign" honeymoon Sarah, Bristol, and the rest of the Palin family will fade into history or if he does, Bristol will be the hot topic for an otherwise boring VP running mate.

---

I'll comment on the "family values" too... I have an uncle who works for Alaskan Utilities and is often traveling for work a month at a time. I believe Mr. Palin is similarly engaged, or has been, in his line of work as well. Couple that with mommy who is unexpectedly exploded into a career politician. Guess where the kids attention went? Not to mention the fact that Bristol is one of five. Do I need to point out that the girl probably needed to spend more time with Daddy?

Some family values...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Over night, four new polls were released showing Obama up 9, 7, 8, and 6 respectively. The Rasmussen Tracker jumped from Obama +3 the last two day to Obama +6. The other three national polls are not trackers.

Importantly, all four polls were taken after the DNC and after the Palin announcement. Contrary to the budding optimistic view that Palin stole the DNC bounce away (based on some movement in tracking polls), it seems Obama received a decent 6-8 point bounce.

The Palin pick is still recent and most people have not solidified their views of her; however, it seems the selection has not swung swing voters. As excited as conservative activists are, they were already willing to vote McCain if perhaps unenthusiastically. Palin may eventually help the fight for swing voters but showing competence in unscripted interviews, but she could end up being an electoral liability if she comes off as not knowing or understanding national issues. Fortunately, in the end, people don't vote based on VPs.
- Redstate
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:11 pm

In this post, the campaign released a statement that "Bristol Palin will marry the baby's father"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/01/palin-my-daughter-is-preg_n_122947.html

I wonder if they will ever announce that he asked her to marry him?

Get him in some freakin' pictures then!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm not a doctor or anything.. but what are the chances the media brings up the fact that the Messiah's mom was 3-4 months pregnant when she was married.. meaning Barack was conceived outside of wedlock.. meaning if this is really such a bad thing Barack's family isn't any better.. just a thought..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:26 pm

pez wrote:I'm just scratching my head at McCain's vp pick... Obama picked to augment his experience, and it appears McCain picked to offset his experience. I cant imagine a staunch pro-life conservative with little experience is going to sway many Hillary voters. So he either picked her on Her merits alone (that none of us seem privy to), or he has made a serious mistake in trying to breathe life back into his campaign...

I think she'll sway some Hillary voters.. but nothing significant.

Dennis Kneale just made a great point about Palin.. someone was saying "if McCain is such a maverick why didn't he pick Lieberman as his running mate?" Kneale responded with "BECAUSE HE'S AN OLD WHITE MAN!!"

I think McCain's pick was great in the sense that it completely overshadowed the entire DNC, took BO out of the news for at least a week and got the focus on a new person that comes off as a real human, not a politician (something the other 3 fail at miserably).

Ultimately I don't see either VP pick being terribly important, people vote for the Pres, not the VP by and large.

I'm more interested to find out what her answer was to "what exactly does the VP do?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Had to log back in and see what the board was spinning over this VP pick. I find the pick humorous personally. Tells us a lot about how McCain would govern.

I leave you with this quote and thought.

Oh a month or so ago McCain said and I quote ... "Barack Obama would rather lose a war to win an election" in regards to Obama opposing the surge and wanting to remove our troops from Iraq.

Well, in my opinion with the selection of Sarah Palin, John McCain is saying that HE WOULD RATHER WIN AN ELECTION AND SACRIFICE HIS COUNTRY. That is the only reasonable explaination to this pick because the mayor of New Haven or Decatur is not ready to lead the free world, for that matter neither is the mayor of Fort Wayne. Sarah Palin is a small city mayor, she worries about west nile virus outbreaks in her ponds, she worries about trash getting collected ... she will be a heart beat from the Presidency and John McCain was fine with that picture. Tells me for sure that he will sacrifice his country for his own gain.

This pick backfires on McCain ... I hear there is speculation that some republicans are going to place a second name in nomination at the RNC out of protest to this pick.

Ok ... I am back to my campaigning ...

Later all ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:44 pm

How did that "Heartbeat Away" campaign work for the Democrats in 1988 against Bush/Quayle again??? scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:01 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I'm not a doctor or anything.. but what are the chances the media brings up the fact that the Messiah's mom was 3-4 months pregnant when she was married.. meaning Barack was conceived outside of wedlock.. meaning if this is really such a bad thing Barack's family isn't any better.. just a thought..

Ah, lets play the 'what if' game...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:03 pm

I can play Bman's quote game too...
http://current.com/items/89229481_the_dirt_on_biden

((The interesting part))
Another moment likely to be re-used against him is his August 2, 2005 Daily Show appearance where Jon Stewart asked him of a potential 2008 run, “You may end up going against a Senate colleague, perhaps McCain, perhaps Frist?”

Biden’s reply, “John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off — be well off no matter who...”
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Bman wrote:This pick backfires on McCain ... I hear there is speculation that some republicans are going to place a second name in nomination at the RNC out of protest to this pick.
Where did you hear that, Air America Radio???
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:07 pm

The presidential race is a huge joke anymore. Sad thing is McCain will probably lose more votes because his VP's daughter got knocked up than any of the actual issues. What does this really have to do with anything?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Markwes wrote:The presidential race is a huge joke anymore. Sad thing is McCain will probably lose more votes because his VP's daughter got knocked up than any of the actual issues. What does this really have to do with anything?

I think this is all significant, and each decision will highlight different aspects of a failure to really understand the constituency of America. To the victor, the spoils.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:19 pm

meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I'm not a doctor or anything.. but what are the chances the media brings up the fact that the Messiah's mom was 3-4 months pregnant when she was married.. meaning Barack was conceived outside of wedlock.. meaning if this is really such a bad thing Barack's family isn't any better.. just a thought..

It's not a what if.. it's a fact, mom got knocked up, mom and dad got hitched, had the kid, then got divorced.

If the dem's want to cast Palin in a bad light because of her daughter then I really hope they realize the mirror shines right back on them in this case.

It appears BO is aware of this as he's already said kids are off limits for political debate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

It's not a what if.. it's a fact, mom got knocked up, mom and dad got hitched, had the kid, then got divorced.

If the dem's want to cast Palin in a bad light because of her daughter then I really hope they realize the mirror shines right back on them in this case.

It appears BO is aware of this as he's already said kids are off limits for political debate.

Well, I had not known that fact about BO. I still think the dems could spin it to suggest that even grandbaby Palin could wind up leading the country someday! Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Apparently the Dems and the weekly Messiah newsletter completely ignore the fact that Palin has been in politics for 5 more years than BO...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:28 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:The presidential race is a huge joke anymore. Sad thing is McCain will probably lose more votes because his VP's daughter got knocked up than any of the actual issues. What does this really have to do with anything?

I think this is all significant, and each decision will highlight different aspects of a failure to really understand the constituency of America. To the victor, the spoils.
So is this significant then? From Bloomberg:
Barack Obama’s speech announcing his running mate Joe Biden singled out the Delaware senator’s son who is headed for Iraq. Obama didn’t mention the profession of Biden’s other son, who lobbied for two drug companies and five universities.
Obama has pointed out his disdain for lobbyists several times.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Markwes wrote:
So is this significant then? From Bloomberg:
Barack Obama’s speech announcing his running mate Joe Biden singled out the Delaware senator’s son who is headed for Iraq. Obama didn’t mention the profession of Biden’s other son, who lobbied for two drug companies and five universities.
Obama has pointed out his disdain for lobbyists several times.

And Dick's daughter is lesbian... so what?

Of course it makes no logical sense (to us, logical thinkers) as to why the race would be decided by voters based on Palin's daugher gettin knocked up. It's a fact that's harder to swallow with a candidate who picks a VP for her "family-centered Anti-abortion" stance. Although likely to please some of the evangelical voters, it's equally likely to cast a -1 on the slight hypocrisy from that "family centric" position when her underage daughter is pregnant by an 18 year old.

At least Condi Rice has her PhD...

And who brought this into the media spotlight anyhow? The McCain/Palin camp made an official release on the subject, rather than just keeping it out of the spotlight. If they would have kept it out of the spotlight, it would support the notion that "family" is off-limits in the campaign, so they either had to address it, or leave it to voters to make up their own minds (HA! the temptation!)

In regards to Biden's son being a lobbyist, there's nothing wrong with that profession. It's a legitimate industry tied to politics. I don't think Barak Obama has said anything related to "hating lobbyists" but rather, he will not accept money or funding from these groups to avoid the Quid Pro Quo trap. The problem with politics isn't the lobbyists, it's the politicians taking support and gifts from said groups in a Quid Pro Quo exchange.

Last edited by meta4 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Seriously ... in all honesty ... if I was a republican voter I would be on my knees praying that Sarah Palin withdraws her name as VP nominee before they vote on her tomorrow night. Being a liberal though I want her to fight this out ... she is great for the liberals. She needs to prove to us what a fighter she is and prove to us she is capable of the VP job.

ahhahahahaah
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:58 pm

meta4 wrote:And who brought this into the media spotlight anyhow? The McCain/Palin camp made an official release on the subject, rather than just keeping it out of the spotlight. If they would have kept it out of the spotlight, it would support the notion that "family" is off-limits in the campaign, so they either had to address it, or leave it to voters to make up their own minds (HA! the temptation!)
I think they released the info only after the non-traditional media that is the blogosphere was spreading it, along with other rumors about her...so they put out the press release to respond to it.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next