The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCain's VP????

+5
moondrop
LTRT
floridafun
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
9 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

McCain's VP???? - Page 4 Empty Re: McCain's VP????

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:07 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:And who brought this into the media spotlight anyhow? The McCain/Palin camp made an official release on the subject, rather than just keeping it out of the spotlight. If they would have kept it out of the spotlight, it would support the notion that "family" is off-limits in the campaign, so they either had to address it, or leave it to voters to make up their own minds (HA! the temptation!)
I think they released the info only after the non-traditional media that is the blogosphere was spreading it, along with other rumors about her...so they put out the press release to respond to it.

I believe you're correct, but it was an official press release response...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:11 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
So is this significant then? From Bloomberg:
Barack Obama’s speech announcing his running mate Joe Biden singled out the Delaware senator’s son who is headed for Iraq. Obama didn’t mention the profession of Biden’s other son, who lobbied for two drug companies and five universities.
Obama has pointed out his disdain for lobbyists several times.

And Dick's daughter is lesbian... so what?

Of course it makes no logical sense (to us, logical thinkers) as to why the race would be decided by voters based on Palin's daugher gettin knocked up. It's a fact that's harder to swallow with a candidate who picks a VP for her "family-centered Anti-abortion" stance. Although likely to please some of the evangelical voters, it's equally likely to cast a -1 on the slight hypocrisy from that "family centric" position when her underage daughter is pregnant by an 18 year old.

At least Condi Rice has her PhD...

And who brought this into the media spotlight anyhow? The McCain/Palin camp made an official release on the subject, rather than just keeping it out of the spotlight. If they would have kept it out of the spotlight, it would support the notion that "family" is off-limits in the campaign, so they either had to address it, or leave it to voters to make up their own minds (HA! the temptation!)

In regards to Biden's son being a lobbyist, there's nothing wrong with that profession. It's a legitimate industry tied to politics. I don't think Barak Obama has said anything related to "hating lobbyists" but rather, he will not accept money or funding from these groups to avoid the Quid Pro Quo trap. The problem with politics isn't the lobbyists, it's the politicians taking support and gifts from said groups in a Quid Pro Quo exchange.
I guess I don't see even a slight hypocrisy. From what I have gathered (since I still don't know much about her), she favors abstinence and is anti-abortion. So her daughter violated one of those rules. She's a frick'n teenager. That's what they do!

So Barack hasn't accepted any money from lobbyists. Don't you think it's a tad odd that his wife's salary almost tripled when he became a senator? Look, I hate nitpicking as much as anyone, but if we are going to pick on Palin because of this, I have to chime in. Maybe what you're saying is that it shouldn't matter, but it does. If that's the case, you may be correct, but it's a little early to tell.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 pm

You can't (or won't?) see how someone may find that a pregnant 17 year old daughter is not the family centric mom and dad that Focus on The Family holds up as "ideal"?

The thought that I've heard others say and that occurs to me is that...

"if Mom and Dad were keeping more of a close eye on their daughter, and who she dates... this would not be an unexpected pregnancy out of wedlock. To some, maybe spending a little more time talking about contraception MAY have prevented this girl from adding such a huge responsibility to her life at such a young age. If they were the typical parents of a dating daughter they must *assume* she would be sexually active, at the very least."

I'm not saying the Palins aren't your typical family (I personally believe they are) but, to many, I think passing this off as a situation that will "grow her up quick" is not without partial blame toward the parents for failing in some way to protect their daughter from an unexpected pregnancy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm

This topic is just too much fun, and it keeps luring me back in.

I think the Palin girl should be off limits ... sure she screwed up, sure she is doing the right thing and keeping the baby. BUT ... my only point to discussing this issue is that it shows the hypocrisy of the abstinence only view, that Sarah Palin expouses. Her own daughter could not follow the abstinence concept, and obviously the Palin kids come from a good american family with good values. What happens to the kids from shitty parents and a shitty upbringing ... they need to be taught more than to not have sex until you are married. So I think abstinence is on the table as an issue but Bristol Palin should be left out of the discussion, she is just a child let down by her family, and the state and federal govt teaching abstinence only.

My beef with Sarah Palin is that she is completely UNqualified for this job. I know all of the talk that she has served in the Gov mansion as long as Barack has been in the Senate, but Barack sits in on the Foreign Affairs committee, the Appropriations committee, he tours the world and meets with world leaders ... Sarah Palin meets with the National Serv-all to discuss waste pick up in Wasilla.

McCain screwed up ... heck rumor has it that Palin was once a member of the AIP (Alaska Independence Party) that wanted to secede from the United States ... truth or fiction the McCain camp is trying to difuse this issue too. This was supposed to be the republican week to shine and so far it has been a shitty week for the presumptive republican nominee.

I bet Johnboy is wishing he has just picked Mitt right now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:47 pm

Bman wrote:
I think the Palin girl should be off limits ...

she is just a child let down by her family.

Yep, this is a great paraphrase to what I was getting at... seems like the girl has a good family, who brought her into the media spotlight over this potential consideration of "fitness" for VP question that will be rolling around inside voters heads for at least a few moments.

Who knows? Maybe the girl is happy, and she's going to marry... (I hope he formally asks) her sweetheart. Good for her, but all I'm saying is that people will see this differently than the family does.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:10 pm

I sit here and wonder how differently the postings from Cincy, Card and Markwes would sound about this topic if it were a teenage child of Barack Obama or a teenage child of Joe Biden ... I know for certain that Cincy, Card and Mark would have a different tone to their posts, it would be the Obama or the Biden families fault and it would be because of their liberal upbringing. Seems that Cincy, Card and Markwes are being very hypocritical on this issue, at least to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm

Bman wrote:I sit here and wonder how differently the postings from Cincy, Card and Markwes would sound about this topic if it were a teenage child of Barack Obama or a teenage child of Joe Biden ... I know for certain that Cincy, Card and Mark would have a different tone to their posts, it would be the Obama or the Biden families fault and it would be because of their liberal upbringing. Seems that Cincy, Card and Markwes are being very hypocritical on this issue, at least to me.
So we're being hypocritical based on what you think we would say if it was Obama's or Biden's child? confused
I wouldn't say anything about it if that was the case. I have teenage kids and I know that no matter how much I try to teach them right from wrong, they going to make bad decisions sometimes. Heck, I gave my parents all kinds of hell and did more dumb things than I could count. But it wasn't because they did anything wrong or didn't spend enough time with me or whatever. To blame the parents for an unwanted pregnancy is just unfair.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Bman wrote:I sit here and wonder how differently the postings from Cincy, Card and Markwes would sound about this topic if it were a teenage child of Barack Obama or a teenage child of Joe Biden ... I know for certain that Cincy, Card and Mark would have a different tone to their posts, it would be the Obama or the Biden families fault and it would be because of their liberal upbringing. Seems that Cincy, Card and Markwes are being very hypocritical on this issue, at least to me.
Oh relax Bman. I'm just trying to balance things out for all the Obama Thumpin' you do/did around here. Like you wouldn't have had a 'different tone' if McCain screwed up the VP text message as badly as the Obama camp did! Laughing Kettle!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:16 pm

The reason you think we're being hypocritical is because as usual you don't bother to read anything... go back and look, I've said to leave the kids out of it.. starting when BO put his kids on TV. They don't belong in a political arena, no matter what they do.

The kid made a decision and is living with it.. exactly like mom taught her. She messed up.. by show of hands, anyone here made a mistake? Thought so.

What's great is that the left is wanting to raise a stink about this because they are scared to death of someone who fights big oil, fights corruption (in their own party even), stops stupid gov't spending (see bridge to no where), can think for themself and appeal to the AVERAGE American, is a woman and is a republican. There's nothing BO can do to combat that. Their silver bullet is that she has a pregnant teenager? Though I can't say I'm surprised, BO had one of the smallest bumps after a convention of any candidate didn't he? They've gotta do something to try and get the spotlight back on the Messiah... they even sent their local paperboy here to try and make up stuff about how big of a deal this is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Let's just say that we (Obama supporters) think John McCain made a super pick.

To counter balance some of that shit you just threw all over the place there ... this corruption busting woman in Alaska is under ethical review for firing a guy who would not fire her EX brother in law. She is also the grand mayor of Wasilla who brought $27M in earmark funds to her tiny (not even Decatur sized town) by employing a lobbyist who was best friends with Senator Ted Stevens (now under indictment for unethical behavior) so yea, this chick knows corruption when she sees it and partakes in it. This liberal thinks she is the perfect pick, I would be horribly depressed if she stepped down before she is nominated tomorrow night. She is also the perfect example why abstinence alone does not work ... she might look good in her go go boots (per Maureen Dowd) but not so sure how good she compares to Putin, Schroeder, Osama etc ....

NOTHING ... the best word to describe what she brings to the ticket. Wait ... she knows how to set National Serv-all down at the table and discuss garbage removal.

Thank you John McCain ... oh and as for your bounce shit ... most experts put the bounce at 8-10 points, pretty good if you consider mccain announced his Vp pick the next day and the rnc convention started almost immediately. We now have a 6-8 pt lead in the poll of polls. Let's see what kind of bounce the 72 year old with the hockey/gogo boot Vp gets coming out of St. Paul. The debates are going to be great too ...

This is shaping up perfectly. You guys might want to ban me because I am going to be one proud asshole come November 4th.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Quick Vote
Should voters care that Gov. Sarah Palin's unwed teen daughter is pregnant?
Yes 33% 98792
No 61% 180417
No opinion 6% 17900
Total Votes: 297109

Maybe our resident liberal board members might want to heed the advice of the majority of CNN readers, you think? scratch Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:01 pm

Bman wrote:Let's just say that we (Obama supporters) think John McCain made a super pick.

To counter balance some of that shit you just threw all over the place there ... this corruption busting woman in Alaska is under ethical review for firing a guy who would not fire her EX brother in law. She is also the grand mayor of Wasilla who brought $27M in earmark funds to her tiny (not even Decatur sized town) by employing a lobbyist who was best friends with Senator Ted Stevens (now under indictment for unethical behavior) so yea, this chick knows corruption when she sees it and partakes in it. This liberal thinks she is the perfect pick, I would be horribly depressed if she stepped down before she is nominated tomorrow night. She is also the perfect example why abstinence alone does not work ... she might look good in her go go boots (per Maureen Dowd) but not so sure how good she compares to Putin, Schroeder, Osama etc ....

NOTHING ... the best word to describe what she brings to the ticket. Wait ... she knows how to set National Serv-all down at the table and discuss garbage removal.

Thank you John McCain ... oh and as for your bounce shit ... most experts put the bounce at 8-10 points, pretty good if you consider mccain announced his Vp pick the next day and the rnc convention started almost immediately. We now have a 6-8 pt lead in the poll of polls. Let's see what kind of bounce the 72 year old with the hockey/gogo boot Vp gets coming out of St. Paul. The debates are going to be great too ...

This is shaping up perfectly. You guys might want to ban me because I am going to be one proud asshole come November 4th.

Very Happy again you prove you have no grasp of politics or history and anyone who touts 8-10 points after a goddamn historic convention is a fucking moron. Even people we hated got 10-15 points post convention. Face it... your boy is just about toast. So if McCain bounces bigger you going to shut up? I would point out there are records of elections so you can checkout everything yourself. Be honest... is this the first election you paid attention to?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCain's VP???? - Page 4 Empty V P ?

Post  Gusto Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Letter from Alaska.
Has everybody seen this?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Feel free to agree or disagree,
but here is an Alaskan's viewpoint on our new VP candidate (and it is an opinion shared
by the vast majority of Alaskan residents). :-)

Sarah Palin is the US's answer to Margaret Thatcher!

Anyone who thinks she cannot handle the job or deal briskly and efficiently with ANY issue, including foreign governments .. well, they haven't met our Sarah <grin>. She is not "just a woman",
she is not "just a way to get votes" and if anyone expects her to smile, simper and
be sweet - they don't know Sarah. She is *more than* qualified for the job and the best possible choice McCain could have made.

As an Alaskan resident as well as a resident of Wasilla, AK, where Sarah Palin was at one time Mayor I can speak with confidence. Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska is exactly what she portrayed during her introduction this morning and exactly what our US Government needs. She is ethical to a fault (if there is such a thing), a refreshing change to the status-quo and as smart and determined a PERSON (gender really isn't an issue here as far as I'm concerned) as anyone could ask for at the head of government.

Sarah is no "small town mayor" - she just *started out* there. , as Mayor of Wasilla, she brought this "small town" through a lot of GOOD changes and left it at the end of her term having grown to the 4th largest CITY in Alaska - a lot of growth and a stronger economic base than ever before.

She has EXECTUTIVE experience *running a government* (something NONE of the other candidates can actually boast, even John McCain ) as Governor of Alaska and got there by defeating the *incumbent* Republican Governor, who was definitely part of the "old school" and who WAS very much in the pocket of the big oil companies. We in Alaska wanted change - and we got it in the person of Sarah Palin!

Sarah Palin is everything she looks to be and more Her approval rating as Governor of Alaska has been as high as 95% and is currently leveled out consistently in the upper 80 percentile throughout the state (and in both parties) - the HIGHEST approval rating of ANY sitting Governor.

Sarah has been turning around corruption in the Legislature of Alaska - turning things on their ear for that matter; cutting spending in spite of the increased income the state is currently receiving due to the high oil prices - she has insisted on putting a huge amount of the "windfall" into savings for the future rather than spending, spending, spending - and has insisted from the get-go on what she refers to as "honest, ethical and transparent governing" - no more closed door meetings and dealings - the big oil companies thought she would be a pushover and have learned better to their chagrin.

She understands the "real people" and the economic issues we all face (Alaskans along with the rest of the country) - she was one of "us" not long ago. Rather than passing useless "laws" or throwing money at pet projects, she (most recently) temporarily suspended the state gas tax (on gasoline at the pumps, fuel oil and natural gas for homes, etc.) and has ordered checks issued to ALL residents of Alaska this fall in an attempt to assist with the burden of high fuel costs for the upcoming winter. I could go on and on, but that's enough for now <smile>. She isn't doing these things to be popular - she is doing it because her constituents are HURTING financially and she is in a position to help.

She became Governor of Alaska by defeating the Incumbent Republican Governor and doing it *without* the money or the support of the Republican Party, which was amazing in itself - and she won by a landslide. The "powers that be" at that time totally underestimated Sarah and learned better the hard way. Let's hope Obama does the same. Sarah has done exactly what she claimed she was going to do when elected and is just as popular today as the day she was elected - perhaps more so since even the Democrats up here seem to like her - she works well with both sides in the Legislature here.

Sarah "belongs" to us (Alaskans) and although we are going to be terribly sorry to see her leave before she finishes the job she started here (two years ago) straightening out OUR State <grin> ... we understand she is needed for a bigger purpose and hopefully her Lt. Governor will be able to fill her shoes here and continue the job.

As for worrying about what would happen if McCain were to die or step down or whatever ... here in AK we've only been wondering how long we would be able to KEEP Sarah in Alaska and have seen her as our
first woman President of the USA from the start. It's always been a matter of whether she would wait until the end of her TWO terms as Governor (no doubt at ALL that she would be re-elected if she ran for a second term at the end of her current term) ... or end up in Washington sooner. She could do the job TODAY.

Personally, I feel a lot better about McCain now that I know he has someone as savvy, as strong, as ethical and as steady as Sarah at his back. She will be an excellent Vice President ... and my guess is will be our US Republican Presidential candidate in four years - AND by then the country will KNOW here - will love and respect her as we do here - and she'll win by as much of a landslide as she did here in Alaska. I only wonder if McCain has a clue what he is unleashing on the US of A <grin>. She is going to be a fresh wind, but also a strong wind.

Is that enough of an endorsement? If not, I'll add this Jerry and I have for many years felt the best "vote" was to vote for the lesser of two "evils" and hope they didn't do too much damage. Two years ago during our State Governor's race was the first time EVER that we actually asked for not just a little sign to put in our yard showing our support of our candidate (something we've never felt the desire to do at all before) - we asked for a full 4' x 8' "SARAH PALIN FOR GOVERNOR!" sign and were proud to have it. She hasn't let us or Alaska down. She will do the same for the USA if given the opportunity.

Feel free to pass this on to anyone who may be interested
(and spam those who aren't!).
Deb in Alaska

Deb Frost / Snowgoose
Spring Promise Pygmies, Wasilla AK
http://www.springpromisepygmies.com/
snowgoose@mtaonline

Gusto
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:59 pm

McCain's VP???? - Page 4 Stop-spam Question
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:02 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:31 pm

And now for something completely different...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:49 pm

Vis wrote:
Bman wrote:Let's just say that we (Obama supporters) think John McCain made a super pick.

Very Happy again you prove you have no grasp of politics or history and anyone who touts 8-10 points after a goddamn historic convention is a fucking moron. Even people we hated got 10-15 points post convention. Face it... your boy is just about toast. So if McCain bounces bigger you going to shut up? I would point out there are records of elections so you can checkout everything yourself. Be honest... is this the first election you paid attention to?

First, a fucking moron would realize this convention season is unique with both conventions back to back. Obama has settled on a 6-9% pt lead as of this morning. That means his bounce was about 10 points, this after McCain announced a VP that shocked the world with its ineptness. All polls and all electoral tracking is going our way at this time, and this pick of Palin is making our case easier. Palin is not even remotely qualified.

So I am sorry that your PUMA ass is still sore from the pounding that Obama put on Hillary and you, get the fuck over it. If McCain is more in line with your political leanings then by all means vote for the man, but if you are going to vote for McCain just because Hilllary lost then you are the fucking moron wasting your vote. I vote for the candidate that best reflects my views on issues and who will leave my nieces and nephews a nation in better shape. So yea, call me a fucking moron, but at least I vote my moral convictions. PUMAs are just sorry ass losers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:01 am

BMan your like a jack in the box, your not posting your campaigning.

But you pop out and voice your option lol just joking affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:55 am

WIN

CLASSIC M-P
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:14 am

Obama is wishy washy and all over the place. Who can I please today.

At least McCain is true to what he says and stands firm. This is very clear with his awesome
VP pick.

If OB is elected it will show the downfall of the USA i.e. morals, truthfulness, everything our fore fathers say the US to be.
IF McCain, we still have a chance for God to Bless the USA.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:40 am

Bman wrote:Palin is not even remotely qualified.
Just wondering how you reached that conclusion Bman? I honestly don't know, I haven't heard her speak yet. But if you're going to tout the experience factor, the one thing I do know is that Palin (the Repub's 2nd in line) has had sole leadership positions. She is the governor of a state, aka the state's highest ranking position. Obama (the Dem's 1st in line) has been a senator, part of a big team, for a little over 3 years. So somehow that makes him qualified but not her. Like I said I don't know enough about her to judge, but I have the feeling you would have been all over it regardless of who he selected. If it had been Romney, you would have said another Bush clone or something, Guilliani, you would have said he's only thinking about the New York vote and boasting about his patriotism, etc.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 am

With all due respect to her qualifications...

I wouldn't kick her out of the bed if she was eating crackers.

And when I say "Bed" I mean "Mine"

And when I say "If" I mean "Now"

And when I say "Cracker" I mean "Me"

Please return to your regularly sheduled thread banter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 am

Oliver's Army wrote:With all due respect to her qualifications...

I wouldn't kick her out of the bed if she was eating crackers.

And when I say "Bed" I mean "Mine"

And when I say "If" I mean "Now"

And when I say "Cracker" I mean "Me"

Please return to your regularly sheduled thread banter.
And when I said she has held "high positions"... heh, heh.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:04 am

moondrop wrote:Obama is wishy washy and all over the place. Who can I please today.

At least McCain is true to what he says and stands firm. This is very clear with his awesome
VP pick.

If OB is elected it will show the downfall of the USA i.e. morals, truthfulness, everything our fore fathers say the US to be.
IF McCain, we still have a chance for God to Bless the USA.

With all due respect, you seem blinded by 8 years of 'stay the course' and dont realize that a president must hold dynamic opinions in order to do what is best for the country.

After doing a bit of reading, it's clear to me that McCains pick is a blatant attempt to pick up Hillary voters. What they arent realizing is that the Hillary campaign was not (first and formost) about electing a woman, but about electing Hillary Clinton. From where I sit, it seems like his VP pick is a disaster waiting to happen. Harriet Myers comes to mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCain's VP???? - Page 4 Empty Palin's church video --- WOW

Post  Guest Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:05 am

From MSNBC's Chuck Todd's First Read:

This woman is a crack pot ... read the entire article below ... hilarious!!!! This is going to be the VP pick that keeps on giving ... gotta love it. McCain is making this easy for us!

The Palin church video Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 6:04 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: 2008, Republican debates, McCain

From NBC's Michael Levine
As questions have been raised over how thoroughly Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign vetted Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for the V.P. slot, it seems the McCain campaign was unaware of a video -- available online -- in which Palin talks about God's role in U.S. military action overseas, according to a political operative familiar with the situation.

The video, first reported by the liberal blog HuffingtonPost.com, is from a June Palin speech to the graduating class of commission students at Palin's former church in Wasilla, Alaska. While describing her family, Palin told students about her oldest son, 19-year-old Track, who is set to be deployed to Iraq this month with the U.S. Army. She urged students to pray “that our leaders -- that our national leaders -- are sending [soldiers] out on a task that is from God.”

She added, “That's what we have to make sure that we are praying for: that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.”

“It's pretty uncomfortable stuff,” said the political operative, after watching the video online. “It's bad. It's really bad. … It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.”

In addition to talking about Iraq, Palin also referred to God's role in her work as governor.

“I can do my part in working really, really hard to get a natural gas pipeline, about a $30 billion project that's going to create a lot of jobs for Alaska. … [but] I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that,” she said. “I can do my job there in developing our natural resources, in doing things like getting the roads paved and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded. But really that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's hearts aren't right with God.”

It wasn't all serious, though. At one point during the address, Palin praised the graduating class as “a bunch of cool-looking Christians.” Then she picked out one student in the crowd and said with a smile, “Ben, I don't know you well enough yet, but looking at you, I'm thinking, people are going to interested in Jesus Christ through you because of the way you look - this red-headed Sasquatch for Jesus. You look good!” The students cheered. “Times are really changin'. And with the times that change, looks even change.”

The seven-minute speech is posted on the Web site of Palin's former church, the Wasilla Assembly of God. But, the political operative said, the McCain campaign seems to have had no knowledge of it when Palin was announced as McCain's running mate on Friday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next