The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Rollercoaster

+3
iberlingirl
Scooby01_98
Cincy Fan 44
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite Rollercoaster Empty Favorite Rollercoaster

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:04 pm

What's your favorite rollercoaster of all-time?

For me, it's The Beast at Kings Island. You haven't ridden a coaster until you've gone on this thing. Awesome coaster. Wicked turns, take-your-breath-away hills, and the tunnel is great! Riding it in the rain gives it a fierce added element.

I'd have to give The Hulk at Islands of Adventure a close 2nd. Not a straight piece of track to be found on that baby (after the beginning at least). The start of it is great too!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Rollercoaster Empty Re: Favorite Rollercoaster

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Raptor and Millineum. Could ride both of them all day long.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:16 pm

The Beast also... it's one of the greatest all-time classic coasters. I have always been partial to the backwards side of the Backwards racer at kings Island.

There's a Coaster at Cedar Point that has these awesome views of lake erie, and the coaster itself is wider then the track it's on, so if you look straight down you cant see the track or any visible means of support... it doesnt have the classic romance of the beast tho.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:21 pm

pez wrote:The Beast also... it's one of the greatest all-time classic coasters. I have always been partial to the backwards side of the Backwards racer at kings Island.
Did you know they've done away with the backwards Racer, and made it forward again? Kind of sad. That was the best thing about the Racers. It's one of those coasters though that you ride as a little kid to get you prepared for the big ones.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
pez wrote:The Beast also... it's one of the greatest all-time classic coasters. I have always been partial to the backwards side of the Backwards racer at kings Island.
Did you know they've done away with the backwards Racer, and made it forward again? Kind of sad. That was the best thing about the Racers. It's one of those coasters though that you ride as a little kid to get you prepared for the big ones.

Thats a bummer... the backwards side was always way cooler...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:53 pm

I haven't been anywhere in a looooooooong time.. but the Raptor was always my favorite. The Beast is cool, but I like having my legs flying below me. I wish I had gotten the chance to ride Son of Beast, but it was opening day last time I was there and the wait was about 5 hours.

Magnum is cool because of it's place, haven't been on anything new at Cedar Point though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:58 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I haven't been anywhere in a looooooooong time.. but the Raptor was always my favorite. The Beast is cool, but I like having my legs flying below me. I wish I had gotten the chance to ride Son of Beast, but it was opening day last time I was there and the wait was about 5 hours.

Magnum is cool because of it's place, haven't been on anything new at Cedar Point though.
I rode SOB a couple of times, but decided I'd had enough after the last time I rode it and felt like I went a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson. I think it has 'smoothed out' a little since they removed the loop...something about the special type of cars they had to use since it had the loop.

Raptor is really cool too. The best "Hanging" coaster there is.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Haven't been on one in probably 15-20 yrs, but then it was BY FAR, the Beast!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I rode SOB a couple of times, but decided I'd had enough after the last time I rode it and felt like I went a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson. I think it has 'smoothed out' a little since they removed the loop...something about the special type of cars they had to use since it had the loop.

Wow, I could quote that word for word and it would be accurate for me too. I'm not a big fan of having my head slammed repeatedly against the headrest, and that's what SOB felt like to me. The Beast is my fave too. I don't need the ever increasing speed and drops that every new coaster comes up with. The Beast always gives me that out-of-control feeling when it winds through the trees and seems miles away from the rest of the park, and then just continues to build up speed.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:08 pm

Markwes wrote:Wow, I could quote that word for word and it would be accurate for me too. I'm not a big fan of having my head slammed repeatedly against the headrest, and that's what SOB felt like to me. The Beast is my fave too. I don't need the ever increasing speed and drops that every new coaster comes up with. The Beast always gives me that out-of-control feeling when it winds through the trees and seems miles away from the rest of the park, and then just continues to build up speed.
I still remember the first time I rode the Beast...SPOILER ALERT...LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW...

We got to the 2nd incline before the tunnels. I thought to myself this is going to be a big hill coming up. Then as we got the top, I saw this nice gradual decline into some tunnels, so no need to worry about a huge drop off and a nerve-wracking accelaration...

As you know, WRONG! Next thing I know I'm holding on for dear life as we got whisked around that turn and went thru the tunnels twice. I felt like if I let go of the bar, I was gonna fly right out of the car! Whew, what a ride that is!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 pm

I've got a few favorites. Iron Dragon was the first roller coaster I ever really loved riding on. Face-Off was thrilling, but almost too much for me. I think it was called Batman (Six Flags), I loved that one. We rode it at a school trip with one of our teachers and have him on video screaming like a scared kid (lol).

But my favorite favorite is really cheesy. Goofy's Barnstormer at Disney. It was the first roller coaster my daughter went on and we had the best time! She talks about it all the time Very Happy
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:42 am

I need to try one again its been since 76 since I've been on one and that was King Island

They kinda scare me I saw a person fall off one in D.C area back in the 60's kinda puts the brakes on things affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:23 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I haven't been anywhere in a looooooooong time.. but the Raptor was always my favorite. The Beast is cool, but I like having my legs flying below me. I wish I had gotten the chance to ride Son of Beast, but it was opening day last time I was there and the wait was about 5 hours.

I rode SOB a couple of times, but decided I'd had enough after the last time I rode it and felt like I went a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson. I think it has 'smoothed out' a little since they removed the loop...something about the special type of cars they had to use since it had the loop.

What?!?!? That was the whole point of SOB.. the only wooden looping coaster in the world.. and now the loop is gone? That sucks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 am

Mort wrote:I need to try one again its been since 76 since I've been on one and that was King Island

They kinda scare me I saw a person fall off one in D.C area back in the 60's kinda puts the brakes on things affraid

Cedar Point use to (not sure if they still do) have a Wildcat that just had wheels on top, none on the bottom to hold it on. Not sure how many of these still exist because of that reason.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:27 am

cardinal5150 wrote:What?!?!? That was the whole point of SOB.. the only wooden looping coaster in the world.. and now the loop is gone? That sucks.
Yep, now he's just a cheap imitation of his father, might as well call it the George W. Bush Coaster.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 am

way too much of a pussy here ... I hate roller coasters. hell, I hate ferris wheels, escalators etc...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:30 am

My favorite has always been the Magnum (or at least since it came into being).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 am

When it comes right down to it I don't trust them

Have you seen the condition of the ones in the Coliseum parking lot during the 3 rivers fest?

No thanks cyclops
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:53 am

Mort wrote:When it comes right down to it I don't trust them

Have you seen the condition of the ones in the Coliseum parking lot during the 3 rivers fest?

No thanks cyclops
I agree...I avoid those carnival rides. Rides at amusement parks though, I trust them for the most part becaue they're not constantly being torn down and assembled.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:20 am

Timely topic, guys. We just got back from Cedar Point; never been before. Growing up in Illinois, we always visited relatives in Cinci and went to Coney Island/Kings Island. I used to love the Beast, but now I think my favorite is Magnum. We never were able to ride Dragster, Millenium or Mean Streak -- my family didn't want to wait in lines over 45 minutes long. I was a LITTLE relieved we didn't make it to Dragster, although now I'm kicking myself.......

We did make it on Maverick. For those of you who liked Raptor or love spinning rollercoasters, this will be nirvana for you. I can't do spinning stuff, so Raptor made me queasy for several hours. But even I have to admit, Maverick is AMAZING.

Wildcat is the coaster someone was referring to earlier -- hardly ever saw anyone on it.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:38 am

You know, I liked the Beast, the Magnum, and the Raptor. My favorite is the Corkscrew.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:52 am

meta4 wrote:My favorite is the Corkscrew.
Your shit is weak. Cramped cars. Only one loop. A little corkscrew. No speed. Lasts maybe a minute. Belongs in the kiddy section, or at least it needs to be disassembled.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:56 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:My favorite is the Corkscrew.
Your shit is weak. Cramped cars. Only one loop. A little corkscrew. No speed. Lasts maybe a minute. Belongs in the kiddy section, or at least it needs to be disassembled.

Did someone forget their meds today? Shocked

I like the corkscrew because it's simple, gravy, and the lines are never long. It is MY preference, you're mileage may vary.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:06 am

meta4 wrote:I like the corkscrew because it's simple, gravy, and the lines are never long. It is MY preference, you're mileage may vary.
There's a reason the lines are never long...everyone else has figured out that the ride stinks. Like the King Cobra, it's hey day has come and gone. Time to retire it!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:12 pm

A new ride is coming to Kings Island next year. Rumor has it, it could be like this one...

http://griffoncoaster.com/

Looks sweet! cheers
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content