The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stimulus Package

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stimulus Package - Page 2 Empty Re: Stimulus Package

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:
pez wrote:Economic stimulae of this variety is exceedingly dumb... Take that money and start a new civilian conservation corps... of look long term and invest it in our schools instead.... Id rather have the 3rd best military in the world at the expense of having the best schools.

with unemployment at 6.1%, lets put some f'ing people to work.

Amen. Think of all the things that could be done with the money wasted in Iraq and on Halliburton.
Yeah, we could have used that to rebuild all of the additional buildings that the terrorists would have blown up... bounce

Riiiiiiiight. Rolling Eyes
Oh, was that supposed to be a rhetorical comment? Must've missed that.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:11 pm

Any chance we could stop nest quoting? I know it's a pain to highlight and cut out what you don't want and keep what you do but it gets easier with practice. All of us are guilty but it really is a pain to wade thru. I would have put this in pet peeves but it should get more notice here. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:18 am

Bman wrote:

Oh ... ok. Cutting taxes on the rich and having them sock it away in some offshore account or an investment account really helps revive the economy, which is exactly what you have said a tax cut does. I disgree 100% with you on this one ... giving money back to anyone who needs money to buy groceries, or a new washer or dryer etc stimulates the economy ... giving Warren Buffet, Tom Kelly, Dick Freeland a tax cut does NOTHING for this ecomomy.

I took Accounting 101 ... I also took Economics, something you need a refresher on.

Good to see you don't want the stimulus package yet you'll argue with me over it.. you need a hobby.

Last edited by cardinal5150 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : took out the birds...)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:21 am

LTRT wrote:
Ever heard of a payroll check? scratch

That doesn't give instant gratification.... hence no interest from the libs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:25 am

Lower payroll taxes and put more money in my paycheck every two weeks. That's what I want to see. And McCain isn't going to provide that. Well, maybe if I were rich he would.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:34 am

Jugomugo wrote:Lower payroll taxes and put more money in my paycheck every two weeks. That's what I want to see. And McCain isn't going to provide that. Well, maybe if I were rich he would.

McCain wants to lower taxes for everyone, not just the rich. Both candidates want to do virtually the same thing with the exception of the higher end taxpayers. Most experts believe there is maybe a $1,000 total per taxpayer difference between the two candidates for everyone but the rich.

It's just a difference of McCain believing the people who own the companies will spend more if they are taxed less and BO believing the people who own companies should pay even more than they are now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2