The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan

+4
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
floridafun
LTRT
8 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan - Page 6 Empty Re: 10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan

Post  floridafun Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:43 am

hmmmm i am remembering when the patriot act was voted in..and the big stink when almost all who voted admitted they hadnt read it at all. too many pages, very small print..too little time...yes much less in page qty than the stumulus. i am willing to trust the stimulus to contain enough stuff i consider sane and right. what i have heard so far isnt perfect but its a serious effort at bipartisanship and a serious attempt to do something other than put out press releases about how healthy and strong the economy is/will be soon if we ignore the bump in our fincncial road. anyone who ever had trust in bush after the patriot act was made public has no right/room to be critical of my stance. study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDyE-_Aba8A
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan - Page 6 Empty Re: 10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan

Post  LTRT Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:33 pm

floridafun wrote:hmmmm i am remembering when the patriot act was voted in..and the big stink when almost all who voted admitted they hadnt read it at all. too many pages, very small print..too little time...yes much less in page qty than the stumulus. i am willing to trust the stimulus to contain enough stuff i consider sane and right. what i have heard so far isnt perfect but its a serious effort at bipartisanship and a serious attempt to do something other than put out press releases about how healthy and strong the economy is/will be soon if we ignore the bump in our fincncial road. anyone who ever had trust in bush after the patriot act was made public has no right/room to be critical of my stance. study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDyE-_Aba8A

Good ole Dennis Kucinich, there's a real competent opinion. Was this before or after he saw the UFO's? Rolling Eyes

A bill that had to do with enhancing domestic security and the surveillance of national terrorists, etc. versus a 800 billion dollar taxpayer funded supposed ecomomic stimulus plan. I think my 11 yr old granddaughter could've come up with a better comparision than that. Arrow
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:41 pm

I just thought this thing was soooo important that it had to be passed and signed into law right away.......Oh well mr obama I guess next week you can work it into your schedule. Hey maybe you can even read it before signing it. Something you didn't want your representatives and senators to have a chance to do before voting on it..
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:I just thought this thing was soooo important that it had to be passed and signed into law right away.......Oh well mr obama I guess next week you can work it into your schedule. Hey maybe you can even read it before signing it. Something you didn't want your representatives and senators to have a chance to do before voting on it..

I guarantee you that a majority of legislation passed is not read in its entirety ... just go online and look at some past legislation and its size.This has come up many times before with several congress members admitting on the record they voted on legislation they had not read. I absolutely agree that our congress should read the legislation they vote on but I do want to point out that this is nothing new. Nice touch though calling him mr obama all lower case even! He wanted the bill before the recess as did many in the House and Senate due to travel plans which would have had to be canceled if session was extended.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:57 pm

Vis wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:I just thought this thing was soooo important that it had to be passed and signed into law right away.......Oh well mr obama I guess next week you can work it into your schedule. Hey maybe you can even read it before signing it. Something you didn't want your representatives and senators to have a chance to do before voting on it..

I guarantee you that a majority of legislation passed is not read in its entirety ... just go online and look at some past legislation and its size.This has come up many times before with several congress members admitting on the record they voted on legislation they had not read. I absolutely agree that our congress should read the legislation they vote on but I do want to point out that this is nothing new. Nice touch though calling him mr obama all lower case even! He wanted the bill before the recess as did many in the House and Senate due to travel plans which would have had to be canceled if session was extended.

I know most legislatures don't read there bills. But they really didn't even get a chance to skim over it. I could also care less if they had to stay late.....oh well, they are paid enough to put in a couple of extra hours.

But this was a campaign promise, having the bill in the final version available (not that anyone would read it). My main point was it was passed Friday. If it was that important it should have been signed Friday night or Saturday at the latest.

As far as mr. obama that is a hell of a lot nicer than people called bush on here.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:48 am

vis already pointed out that it was searchable for anyone who wanted to look up specifics on it.

from the press accounts of the last couple weeks it seems to me the dems were in a flurry trying to rehash stuff and make the bill more acceptable to the repubs. should have spent less time doing that i guess considering the repubs had made their party v nation decision and would clearly stick with it no matter what adjustments were made (unless the whole thing had been all about the failed policies of the past). it would have been out there for review for a longer time and the naysayers would have had more time to whine about not being included in its construction. enough of the basics were out there as the dems spoke out about what they felt needed to be included, and as they stripped one after another of their ideas from it..and the repub side coming back with what they did want and some of which was included (old school way proven to lack success) and didnt want (...CHANGE).
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:32 am

Quick Vote
Is President Barack Obama, as Sen. John McCain says, off to "a bad beginning"?
Yes 32% 37306
No 68% 77935
Total Votes: 115241
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 am

floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Eh, you can always tell a Senator/Congressman is lying whenever their lips are moving. Goes for any party.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed May 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Early road aid leaves out neediest, study finds

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30681842/

One result among many: Elk County, Pa., isn’t receiving any road money despite its 13.8 percent unemployment rate. Yet the military and college community of Riley County, Kan., with its 3.4 percent unemployment, will benefit from about $56 million to build a highway, improve an intersection and restore a historic farmhouse.

Hmmm, sounds like this plan hasn't quite been thought through...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed May 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Markwes wrote:Early road aid leaves out neediest, study finds

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30681842/

One result among many: Elk County, Pa., isn’t receiving any road money despite its 13.8 percent unemployment rate. Yet the military and college community of Riley County, Kan., with its 3.4 percent unemployment, will benefit from about $56 million to build a highway, improve an intersection and restore a historic farmhouse.

Hmmm, sounds like this plan hasn't quite been thought through...

It wouldn't have anything to do with the old adage, "it's all about who you know" now would it? Suspect
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed May 13, 2009 2:46 pm

What does it have to do with the stimulus plan? The states decide where this money gets spent...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed May 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Pez wrote:What does it have to do with the stimulus plan? The states decide where this money gets spent...

The money goes to projects ready to start. But many struggling communities don’t have projects waiting on a shelf. They couldn’t afford the millions of dollars for preparation and plans that often is required.

That's not the fault of the states. As I said, the plan wasn't thought through. Again I have to wonder just how pouring money into a high speed rail is going to help the hardest hit areas.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Markwes wrote:
Pez wrote:What does it have to do with the stimulus plan? The states decide where this money gets spent...

The money goes to projects ready to start. But many struggling communities don’t have projects waiting on a shelf. They couldn’t afford the millions of dollars for preparation and plans that often is required.

That's not the fault of the states. As I said, the plan wasn't thought through. Again I have to wonder just how pouring money into a high speed rail is going to help the hardest hit areas.

Building the high speed rail system will put Americans to work all across the footprint of the rail system. Plus think how quickly you can get to the Cub's game after it is build and spend $6 on a hotdog, $8 on a beer and the price of the high speed rail system ..... PRICELESS.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed May 13, 2009 5:40 pm

That reminds me...Cubs suck! Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6