The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan

+4
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
floridafun
LTRT
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan - Page 4 Empty Re: 10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:51 pm

affraid
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan - Page 4 Empty Re: 10 Reasons to Whack Obama's Stimulus Plan

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:10 am

Markwes wrote:A good article from Charles Krauthammer:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/02/obamas_shine_wears_off_faster.html

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe."
-- President Obama, Feb. 4.

WASHINGTON -- Catastrophe, mind you. So much for the president who in his inaugural address two weeks earlier declared "we have chosen hope over fear." Until, that is, you need fear to pass a bill.

Lost your shine? NO PROBLEM!!! Go to Steve Shine!

C'mon! Just do it! Join the Republican party. Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:56 am

meta4 wrote:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/02/obamas_shine_wears_off_faster.html

WASHINGTON -- Catastrophe, mind you. So much for the president who in his inaugural address two weeks earlier declared "we have chosen hope over fear." Until, that is, you need fear to pass a bill.

Hmmm, so a play on words is your contribution? For a brief second I thought you were making a point there.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:41 am

I don't know if this is true or not (but it must be 'cause it was on the internets)...

http://www.dcexaminer.com/opinion/Stimulus-bill-funds-ACORN-despite-its-history-of-corruption-39288257.html

KEY DATA:
* ACORN could receive up to $4 billion under the economic stimulus legislation approved by the House of Representatives.
* ACORN has received an estimated $53 million in government funds since its founding in 1970.
* ACORN is under investigation in at least 14 states in connection with allegations of voter registration fraud in the 2008 campaign.

Really? $4 billion for ACORN??? Something's getting stimulated and it won't be the economy!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:41 am

You know thats hard to believe sunny
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:04 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I don't know if this is true or not (but it must be 'cause it was on the internets)...

http://www.dcexaminer.com/opinion/Stimulus-bill-funds-ACORN-despite-its-history-of-corruption-39288257.html

KEY DATA:
* ACORN could receive up to $4 billion under the economic stimulus legislation approved by the House of Representatives.
* ACORN has received an estimated $53 million in government funds since its founding in 1970.
* ACORN is under investigation in at least 14 states in connection with allegations of voter registration fraud in the 2008 campaign.

Really? $4 billion for ACORN??? Something's getting stimulated and it won't be the economy!

i would suggest if its the headliner on newsmax and faux you may want to rethink its liklihood. wellll except that then it might look more REALITY based.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/feb/02/john-boehner/theory-acorn-could-compete-some-home-rebuilding-mo/

In theory, ACORN could compete for some home rebuilding money in stimulus plan.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:11 am

floridafun wrote:

Ahh, kinda like what the meaning of IS is... Suspect
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:11 am

LTRT wrote:Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_mccaughey&sid=aLzfDxfbwhzs

The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective.

So much for privacy, eh? Real stimulus there, yeh this will bring lots of jobs to the country. Arrow

National Health Care here we come Rolling Eyes

yes it would be so much more responsible to go the route the republicans have gone for the last 8 years and do nothing. there isnt an ACTUAL crisis nationally internationally right now financially and employment-wise. its all made-up lies..political propaganda no different than that successful-for-a-while story of why we invaded iraq. no harm done to anyone that really matters.

oops i almost fell into the republican abyss pig
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:24 am

LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:

more like
heck of a job brownie!
mission accomplished!
weapons of mass destruction in iraq
america DOES NOT use torture
I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees--think new orleans/katrina
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:39 am

floridafun wrote:
LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:

more like
heck of a job brownie!
mission accomplished!
I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees--think new orleans/katrina

Wow, you love affair with Bush continues! Twisted Evil Are you sure you don't moonlight for the Huffington Post?

I suppose if there's nothing to combat the substance of the bill, then why not bash the old administration, gee what happened to "I won." Let me see if I've talked about Clinton in this thread...nope, but we've come to realize that you can't respond without bashing Bush, Christians, the GOP, conservative radio, FOXNews, etc, etc, etc. Cool

By the way, how's the power down in Kentucky, why is the boss out reading books to children and not helping restore power to those poor people in Kentucky. afro
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:47 am

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Hmmm, so a play on words is your contribution? For a brief second I thought you were making a point there.

Well, I actually was making a point that if Obama wants to use fear, he could join the Repubs...

I hope you're not suggesting MSIW! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:54 am

LTRT wrote:
Wow, you love affair with Bush continues! Twisted Evil Are you sure you don't moonlight for the Huffington Post?

I suppose if there's nothing to combat the substance of the bill, then why not bash the old administration, gee what happened to "I won." Let me see if I've talked about Clinton in this thread...nope, but we've come to realize that you can't respond without bashing Bush, Christians, the GOP, conservative radio, FOXNews, etc, etc, etc. Cool

By the way, how's the power down in Kentucky, why is the boss out reading books to children and not helping restore power to those poor people in Kentucky. afro
LTRT, this is a great strategy we can use in many facets of life. If we get promoted in our jobs to replace someone who was underperforming, and we face any criticism, just remind the supervisor about how bad the last 8 years were when the former employee held the position. If we marry someone who just got out of a rough marriage and then be a jerk, just remind her that her last husband had a low approval rating.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:56 am

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Well, I actually was making a point that if Obama wants to use fear, he could join the Repubs...

I hope you're not suggesting MSIW! Very Happy
My bad. I thought you were suggesting I join the Republican party because I was quoting a conservative columnist. Carry on!
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:11 pm

LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:
LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:

more like
heck of a job brownie!
mission accomplished!

Well, LTRT you gotta see that most of the items on that list will be in the American history textbooks, good or bad. They'll probably leave out the "brownie" stuff but the rest is history. Like it or not, it's where we're coming from not where we're going to. I read her post as a reminder not a bash.
silent

gotta add... I don't think FF has an axe for Chrisitans, just the radical fundamentalist extremist wing which was ignited by the GOP's lust for a conservative base during the "W" era. Their aim was to swing the power pendulum back their way, not necessarily make a better USA.

And if she was really stomping grapes... I would have joined in and jumped on Ashcroft who I believe epitomized the pious warped ego of Bush W's religiosity on the warpath. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Rolling Eyes

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees--think new orleans/katrina"

Give me a freakin' break...this had been discussed in detail for years prior.

Sure it'll be in the history books alright under the city that wouldn't listen...

TSIW
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:50 pm

LTRT wrote:Rolling Eyes

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees--think new orleans/katrina"

Sure it'll be in the history books alright under the city that wouldn't listen...

TSIW

Don't quite understand... the city wouldn't listen to FEMA and (I might be wrong) the ACOE say the levee's were fine?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:27 pm

TSIW

In some versions of history books I don't doubt it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:12 pm

meta4 wrote:

TSIW

Don't quite understand... the city wouldn't listen to FEMA and (I might be wrong) the ACOE say the levee's were fine?

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2005-04/hurricanes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:21 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

There's no date on this material. elephant
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:24 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

The article states (Posted 04.14.2005 at 1:00 am), other than that, I'll check with my sources at Popular Science. rabbit
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

The article states (Posted 04.14.2005 at 1:00 am), other than that, I'll check with my sources at Popular Science. rabbit

Embarassed My bad... gotta get my eyes checked or get a new monitor Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Schumer: The American People Don't Care About Pork Projects In Stimulus

Rolling Eyes Chucky must've gone to Pelosi High...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:48 pm

What is everyone's thoughts on a 10% tax credit up to a total of $15,000 for anyone who buys a house as a primary residence in 2009?

Personally, this is going to make my house be on the market this April instead of April 2010. I have been interested in getting a bigger place, and this is what is going to make me get out the paint buckets finally. If this credit can be combined with a sub 5.00% interest rate then there is no way I can pass this up. I don't know if this thing will be good for a large number of people. What I mean by that is that many have lost their jobs or are hurting badly with their jobs. From what I understand, this credit has stipulations including down payment requirements and amount of income requirements.

Last edited by IrishGuy on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:50 pm

While interesting... I'm not following the point you're making with the article linked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Vis wrote:While interesting... I'm not following the point you're making with the article linked.

Maybe I should've 'fact check' it out first, rabbit but you know the lame argument from the left about Katrina being Bush's fault, (forget that they were told to get evacuate 4-5 days ahead of time). The slow response (forget about the Mayor not using the school buses), etc, etc, etc.

Aside from all of this, it's just plain stupidity on that city to not strengthen the levees prior to the devastion. Like we don't have the money, we have Mardi Gras to worry about. Rolling Eyes

The same goes for all the lost casinos and stuff lost along the Gulf Coast...yeh let's build along the coast in a hurricane prone area.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next