The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

+3
Markwes
Canuck
LTRT
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 2 Empty Re: 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 2 Empty Re: 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:45 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:HILARIOUS ... we are coercing people!!!! LOL Unethical is disenfranchising people's right to vote. We can register 100,000 in Allen County but if they don't go vote it means nothing. Coersion ... give me a flippin break.
This is almost laughable Markwes. Sounds like you are asking Bman for an example to help you make your point.

Until you said registering people to vote, basically doing a little 'ground pounding' for a candidate, is coercive, and unethical but legal?

By this line of thinking are we to suppose that PSA's like 'Schoolhouse Rock' we saw as kids equally coercive and unethical?
Follow me here. Bman made the comment about disenfranchising voters being unethical. Since he brought it up, I'm assuming he is accusing someone of depriving people from voting. I asked for an example. That has nothing to do with my point, which isn't even a point, it's an opinion.

And yes, Schoolhouse Rock was coercive and unethical too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:HILARIOUS ... we are coercing people!!!! LOL Unethical is disenfranchising people's right to vote. We can register 100,000 in Allen County but if they don't go vote it means nothing. Coersion ... give me a flippin break.
This is almost laughable Markwes. Sounds like you are asking Bman for an example to help you make your point.

Until you said registering people to vote, basically doing a little 'ground pounding' for a candidate, is coercive, and unethical but legal?

By this line of thinking are we to suppose that PSA's like 'Schoolhouse Rock' we saw as kids equally coercive and unethical?
Follow me here. Bman made the comment about disenfranchising voters being unethical. Since he brought it up, I'm assuming he is accusing someone of depriving people from voting. I asked for an example. That has nothing to do with my point, which isn't even a point, it's an opinion.

Maybe it's these high-tech liberal headphones the lefty's are giving out. They allow me to read Bman just fine. I think he merely stated that disenfranchising is unethical, and offers the example that registering people to vote is completely 180 degrees from disenfranchisement.

Oh, and I read your SHR comment to be sarcastic, was I misled?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

ok... Bman's point was about people putting up signs saying that if you voted in the primary you couldnt vote in the general election... that is unethical because it's a lie. Providing a service where you knock on doors and register people to vote within a demographic of likely voters for your cause is (IMHO) not unethical because we arent telling people how they want to vote, just getting registrations from people likely to support our causes...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:56 pm

meta4 wrote:
Yes, should have included a smiley I guess. Smile

"I'm just a bill..."
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Yes, should have included a smiley I guess. Smile

"I'm just a bill..."

See, I would have placed you squarely in the "Three-Ring Government" song. Smile

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 2 810511 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 2 864173

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5I2KFENjS8

Last edited by meta4 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TRG)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:02 pm

pez wrote:ok... Bman's point was about people putting up signs saying that if you voted in the primary you couldnt vote in the general election... that is unethical because it's a lie. Providing a service where you knock on doors and register people to vote within a demographic of likely voters for your cause is (IMHO) not unethical because we arent telling people how they want to vote, just getting registrations from people likely to support our causes...
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I do remember something about that. I really have a hard time believing anyone would fall for that though.

If the "aren't telling people how they want to vote" part is true, I agree.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Markwes wrote:
pez wrote:ok... Bman's point was about people putting up signs saying that if you voted in the primary you couldnt vote in the general election... that is unethical because it's a lie. Providing a service where you knock on doors and register people to vote within a demographic of likely voters for your cause is (IMHO) not unethical because we arent telling people how they want to vote, just getting registrations from people likely to support our causes...
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I do remember something about that. I really have a hard time believing anyone would fall for that though.

If the "aren't telling people how they want to vote" part is true, I agree.

Which is exactly why the "sleeper cell" liberals began programming the youth in 1973 with PSA's on Saturday morning like Schoolhouse Rocks. Informing kids that one day they will have a say in government. Otherwise, people would be left to vote the way they were told, instead of being told they had a CHOICE.

Rolling Eyes scratch 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 2 839550
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Here's a special selection just for you Markwes.

A dozen cookie cottage cookies, OR a legal copy of the School House Rocks Rocks! CD to the one who finds the subliminal message embedded in this clip. You have to explain it's significance.

Here's a hint

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:38 pm

in the first shown map of the united states, Alaska is shown as the same color as canada...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Okay Meta...here's my stab at it...I saw a few...

1) Stop Global Warming. That little boat is doing an awful lot of splashin' around in 'water' for being at the top of the world.

2) Ohio was a blue state. I don't think any Republican has ever won the presidency w/out Ohio.

3) The state of Michigan looked like a dick. Need I say more?

4) I too noticed Alaska was the same color as Canada. Probably means that they're just an insignificant state... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:51 pm

You're both really really close.

Another clue (CNN Electoral Calculator found in the election tools thread)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:06 pm

meta4 wrote:You're both really really close.

Without putting toooooo much time into it, I'll take a wild stab and say that the way they divided up the blue and red states comes out exactly even, and therefore there is no winner, so therefore they are not swaying you (us) one way or the other on who will win the election...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:You're both really really close.

Without putting toooooo much time into it, I'll take a wild stab and say that the way they divided up the blue and red states comes out exactly even, and therefore there is no winner, so therefore they are not swaying you (us) one way or the other on who will win the election...

Ok, you're close enough. The (most) correct answer is...

Yes, even without AK and HI, and The DoC, the way the states are colored shows a democratic candidate as the elec. college winner.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:18 pm

meta4 wrote:Yes, even without AK and HI, and The DoC, the way the states are colored shows a democratic candidate as the elec. college winner.
Them sneaky bastards!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:22 pm

*waits for Meta to deliver on promise of CD or cookies*

**does not hold breath**

Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:23 pm

Jugomugo wrote:*waits for Meta to deliver on promise of CD or cookies*

**does not hold breath**

Laughing

Whassamattah, sore because you didn't win it?

My word is good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Durn, too late! My first thought was the global warming sign.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:35 pm

meta4 wrote:

**does not hold breath**

Laughing

My word is good.
You can toss my cookies his way 'cause I probably shouldn't have them anyway (unless you're planning to give me the no-sugar kind)... Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

**does not hold breath**

Laughing

My word is good.
You can toss my cookies his way 'cause I probably shouldn't have them anyway (unless you're planning to give me the no-sugar kind)... Very Happy

Not sure if they have sugarless, you pick. The CD is relatively low calorie...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:07 am

Vote drives defended, despite fake names
http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/elections/article852295.ece

Mickey Mouse tried to register to vote in Florida this summer, but Orange County elections officials rejected his application, which had an ACORN stamp on it.

affraid lol!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:28 am

Seriously, so a potential voter filled out an application for voter registration and put the name Mickey Mouse on the application. Do you think someone is going to show up at the poll and try to vote with that name?

I am guessing someone who filled out the application as Mickey Mouse was someone like LTRT who happened past an Acorn registration booth and filled out a bogus application.

I go back to my point, bogus voter registration forms pale in comparison to the voter disenfranchisement that the republicans are known for i.e. trying to close polls early, telling people you can't vote in November if you voted in the primary, intimidation at the polls etc ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:54 am

Bman wrote:Seriously, so a potential voter filled out an application for voter registration and put the name Mickey Mouse on the application. Do you think someone is going to show up at the poll and try to vote with that name?

I am guessing someone who filled out the application as Mickey Mouse was someone like LTRT who happened past an Acorn registration booth and filled out a bogus application.

I go back to my point, bogus voter registration forms pale in comparison to the voter disenfranchisement that the republicans are known for i.e. trying to close polls early, telling people you can't vote in November if you voted in the primary, intimidation at the polls etc ...

Maybe not, but this one tried. How many more will? What a Face

BOGUS VOTER BOOTED AMID PROBE OF ACORN
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/news/politics/bogus_voter_booted_amid_probe_of_acorn_133540.htm

Investigators probing ACORN have learned that an Ohio man registered to vote several times and cast a bogus ballot with a fake address, officials said yesterday, as they revealed that nearly 4,000 registration applications supplied by the left-leaning activist group were suspect.

You're making us real dizzy with your spinning of ACORN's actions as trivial. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:14 am

LTRT wrote:You're making us real dizzy with your spinning of ACORN's actions as trivial. Rolling Eyes

I hope you're not serious.

2006 Census Ohio Pop. 11,478,006

Est. If 50% of the people in Ohio registered, 5,739,003 people. 4,000 suspect voter registrations is not even worth mentioning. More than this will be tossed out before 11 pm on Nov. 4th.

Seriously weak distraction fluff.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:17 am

Meta it is all they have ... sheesh, us democrats usually don't start crying about losing an election until the republicans actually steal it from us, they are crying before their loss is official.

LTRT/Cincy/Markwes/Card = Failed Whining
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next