The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

+3
Markwes
Canuck
LTRT
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 3 Empty Re: 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:29 am

Bman wrote:Meta it is all they have ... sheesh, us democrats usually don't start crying about losing an election until the republicans actually steal it from us, they are crying before their loss is official.

LTRT/Cincy/Markwes/Card = Failed Whining

Hold on while I put my boots on. "steal it from us" Shocked , if you're that naive to believe every vote from the ACORN registration drives then thus cast will be legit, I would love to make you a deal on some property that I have. Go get another Starbucks.........
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 3 Empty Re: 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:52 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Meta it is all they have ... sheesh, us democrats usually don't start crying about losing an election until the republicans actually steal it from us, they are crying before their loss is official.

LTRT/Cincy/Markwes/Card = Failed Whining

Hold on while I put my boots on. "steal it from us" Shocked , if you're that naive to believe every vote from the ACORN registration drives then thus cast will be legit, I would love to make you a deal on some property that I have. Go get another Starbucks.........

Whoa there tiny ... I was saying that the right wing nutjobs which you are a member of are crying already before you have "officially" lost this election. Democrats wait to cry until you guys steal the election i.e. 2000. We hold off on crying until we know we have lost the election fairly or not. You guys are already making piss poor excuses for your loss. Starbucks does sound damn good now, I am stuck drinking office coffee at this time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:26 pm

the problem regitrations are almost if not all for absentee ballots where no id is required.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:18 pm

floridafun wrote:the problem regitrations are almost if not all for absentee ballots where no id is required.

FF, this seems to suggest there's no problem with the established registrations, only the requirements to submit said registrations.

In other news...

... still wondering how ACORN is being linked to this, let alone Obama. ACORN has been doing what they do since 1970. Their core mission focus is to help the poor. Apparently, radical republican's don't like that.

Some say, they spearheaded the predatory lending practices with HSBC and snowballed this whole economic meltdown... Twisted Evil

All of the sudden, the presence of ACORN tied to these relatively small (statistically) number of suspected "voter fraud" incidents and POP, ACORN comes onto the stage in a bad light. Link it to Obama, link the Mortgage crisis to ACORN. Voila! you have a distractionary scapegoat for the right to throw darts at.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:29 pm

meta4 wrote:All of the sudden, the presence of ACORN tied to these relatively small (statistically) number of suspected "voter fraud" incidents and POP, ACORN comes onto the stage in a bad light. Link it to Obama, link the Mortgage crisis to ACORN. Voila! you have a distractionary scapegoat for the right to throw darts at.

"relatively small (statistically) number"
"suspected "voter fraud" incidents" 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 3 839550

"for the first time in my adult lifetime" we have dual daily awards:
'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 3 TOPS
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:41 pm

you guys are too much we need a Reality TV show based on this board omg! lol! 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 3 795451

Last edited by Mort on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 pm

LTRT wrote:

Dude, for the first time since I joined the board, you're speaking with more pictures than words.

Wanna borrow my crayon sharpener?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:51 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:All of the sudden, the presence of ACORN tied to these relatively small (statistically) number of suspected "voter fraud" incidents and POP, ACORN comes onto the stage in a bad light. Link it to Obama, link the Mortgage crisis to ACORN. Voila! you have a distractionary scapegoat for the right to throw darts at.

"relatively small (statistically) number"
"suspected "voter fraud" incidents" 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 3 839550

What did I say that was even remotely incorrect?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Dude, for the first time since I joined the board, you're speaking with more pictures than words.

Just trying to pick up Ollie's slack. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:39 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Just trying to pick up Ollie's slack. Laughing

What the....HEY!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:46 am

We now have McCain on tape speaking at a rally hosted by Acorn just two years stating the Acorn is what the political process needed. lol McCain can't even keep his own stories straight.

What McCain is coming to the debate?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:37 am

one question..the guy who submitted alot of voter registrations did it because someone told him it was ok...does anyone have his address? i have this bridge to nowhere i want to sell him.

how can anyone who did this regardless of what someone told him, really think it was ok?? i suspect they were off to smoke some crack soon as the forms were completed and they had a little cash, and they are both equally guilty
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:07 am

Court orders Ohio to verify newly registered voters
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/15/ohio.voters/index.html

(CNN) -- A federal appeals court on Tuesday ordered Ohio's secretary of state to establish a system to verify hundreds of thousands of newly registered voters by Friday. Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner also has to make the eligibility information available to all 88 county election boards and use government records to check for voter registration fraud.

cheers
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:26 pm

Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud

Oct 16 01:03 PM US/Eastern
By LARA JAKES JORDAN
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) - The FBI is investigating whether the community activist group ACORN helped foster voter registration fraud around the nation before the presidential election.
A senior law enforcement official confirmed the investigation to The Associated Press on Thursday. A second senior law enforcement official says the FBI was looking at results of recent raids on ACORN offices in several states for any evidence of a coordinated national scam.

Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because regulatons forbid discussing ongoing investigations particularly so close to an election.

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, says it has registered 1.3 million young people, minorities and poor and working-class voters—most of whom tend to be Democrats.
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:50 pm

LTRT wrote:

By LARA JAKES JORDAN
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) - The FBI is investigating whether the community activist group ACORN helped foster voter registration fraud around the nation before the presidential election.
A senior law enforcement official confirmed the investigation to The Associated Press on Thursday. A second senior law enforcement official says the FBI was looking at results of recent raids on ACORN offices in several states for any evidence of a coordinated national scam.

Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because regulatons forbid discussing ongoing investigations particularly so close to an election.

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, says it has registered 1.3 million young people, minorities and poor and working-class voters—most of whom tend to be Democrats.
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Another example, by including these two statements (in bold) could get away with saying almost anything imaginable, plausable, or deniable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:09 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

By LARA JAKES JORDAN
Associated Press

Another example, by including these two statements (in bold) could get away with saying almost anything imaginable, plausable, or deniable.

TSIW...

You honestly think this one is made up? scratch
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:25 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:Another example, by including these two statements (in bold) could get away with saying almost anything imaginable, plausable, or deniable.

TSIW...

You honestly think this one is made up? scratch

No, I didn't say I thought it was made up. Are you asking me if I believe it, or if I should believe it? HA! A news source which credits sources who break the laws they are sworn to uphold. Classy. Cool

It kinda dilutes the meaning of "credible" and implies the source is incredible.

... just sayin'...

If I bite on that, what's next? Fox News? pig cheers geek

-----

The solution to this problem would be that lazy ignorant inferior states should pass legislation requiring a state or federally issued photo ID during BOTH registration and voting. The people turning in the registrations ACORN, should have to designate the individual who registered the voter by placing their Drivers License # on the form or something like that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Let anyone register. Verify license when voting. Anyone who was not verified at the voting location is removed from the rolls.

Seems simple enough.

Although, I'm absentee voting, so I guess that throws a wrench into the process.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:46 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/22/voter.fraud/index.html

Mitchell said ACORN threatened to close the office if he and his team didn't meet their quota to register 13 to 20 voters a day. So, without consulting their supervisors, he said, they came up with a plan.

Yeah, that's a problem...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Markwes wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/22/voter.fraud/index.html

Mitchell said ACORN threatened to close the office if he and his team didn't meet their quota to register 13 to 20 voters a day. So, without consulting their supervisors, he said, they came up with a plan.

consider the details of any one of these ACORN accounts and I find it hard to lay the blame squarely on ACORN management. This guy Mitchell clearly broke the law, but why is false voter registration STILL an issue when this is neither the first, nor the only case of voter fraud. Each story bears the same signature that there is not sufficient checks in the process to ensure more accurate registrations.

Either they verify when the registration occurs or they verify at the polls, either way this problem evaporates.

Dunno what to do about absentee voting. I say just cut that shit out altogether except for enlisted military. Put an early voting booth in each county or city courthouse. Picture ID required.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:23 pm

Markwes wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/22/voter.fraud/index.html

It's a problem because it looks smells and prolly tastes like BS... the US government did some similar deflection of accountability at Abu Ghraib...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:48 pm

pez wrote:
It's a problem because it looks smells and prolly tastes like BS... the US government did some similar deflection of accountability at Abu Ghraib...

Careful Pez, you might be labelled anti-american or unpatriotic for saying something like that.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Canuck wrote:
pez wrote:

Careful Pez, you might be labelled anti-american or unpatriotic for saying something like that.

Or maybe a Kanadian... Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:01 pm

lol! cheers
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 3 Empty Where do you live?

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 pm

...the last bench down by the river. Laughing

Judge rules Ohio homeless voters may list park benches as addresses
http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/10/28/ajudgerule.html?sid=101

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:32 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A federal judge in Ohio has ruled that counties must allow homeless voters to list park benches and other locations that aren't buildings as their addresses.

U.S. District Judge Edmund Sargus also ruled that provisional ballots can't be invalidated because of poll worker errors.

Monday's ruling resolved the final two pieces of a settlement between the Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless and Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner.

The coalition agreed to drop a constitutional challenge to Ohio's voter identification law until after the Nov. 4 election. In return, Brunner and the coalition agreed on procedures to verify provisional ballots across all Ohio counties.

The coalition was concerned that unequal treatment of provisional ballots would disenfranchise some voters.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next