The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

+3
Markwes
Canuck
LTRT
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 4 Empty Re: 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:12 pm

They are legal residents of the United States.

This is the flip side of the VoterID laws. The BMV won't give you an ID without a residence. I'm not sure if they'll issue you one with a homeless shelter address or not.

So how is a homeless CITIZEN, supposed to get an ID that is acceptable at the polls?

Also, where is the homeless person going to get the money to PAY TO VOTE... since they have to pay to get an ID.

ID's should be issued for free. And you should be able to list a homeless shelter as a place of residence if you have no home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS' - Page 4 Empty Re: 'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:14 pm

A homeless shelter is one thing, but a PARK BENCH? scratch
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Jugomugo wrote:They are legal residents of the United States.

This is the flip side of the VoterID laws. The BMV won't give you an ID without a residence. I'm not sure if they'll issue you one with a homeless shelter address or not.

So how is a homeless CITIZEN, supposed to get an ID that is acceptable at the polls?

Also, where is the homeless person going to get the money to PAY TO VOTE... since they have to pay to get an ID.

ID's should be issued for free. And you should be able to list a homeless shelter as a place of residence if you have no home.

I believe in Indiana you can list a Homeless Shelter or a Bridge you sleep under for that matter. That was the advise I got one night registering voters at the Library when I had some one ask me and we got a ruling from an Obama attorney in Chicago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Indiana ID's are free if you don't have another form of state ID. You can use a shelter/half way house etc address with a letter from the shelter/organization.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:

Indiana ID's are free if you don't have another form of state ID. You can use a shelter/half way house etc address with a letter from the shelter/organization.

Bman wrote:I believe in Indiana you can list a Homeless Shelter or a Bridge you sleep under for that matter. That was the advise I got one night registering voters at the Library when I had some one ask me and we got a ruling from an Obama attorney in Chicago.

So how is a bridge going to issue this letter? scratch
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:16 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:

Well there we go. Sounds simple enough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Jugomugo wrote:

Yeah in theory it does. Having had my wallet stolen (in the home invasion I previously mentioned) It it almost impossible to get any ID without other forms of ID. A police report of the incident, an expired passport and knowing my drivers license number didn't help in any way to get any sort of ID. I didn't keep my credit cards in my wallet so I had those and an my old student ID that didn't have and expiration... Plenty of mail... etc... I think you get the picture; so forgive me when I say that it is not as simple as walking into a BMV and getting some kind of free ID. Anecdotal I know but it's the truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Well, good to know. Imagine how hard it is for someone down on their luck then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:35 am

Jugomugo wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

The Board of Elections told us that if we had a homeless person needing to register to either list the shelter they stay at the most or to even draw a picture on a map where they had been staying. Just telling you what the Bd. of Elections told us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:02 am

they should certainly be allowed to vote. how many homeless are vets?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4