The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss California controversy

+4
Pez
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Miss California controversy - Page 2 Empty Re: Miss California controversy

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 9:28 am

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:the whole broolah about her answer was not about her believing gay marriage is not ok within her teachings and beliefs. it was how she said it. sarah palin beware..there is competition for word salad queen of the year!!

what i want to know is...did all the contestants get offered shiney new boobies, or did miss jugs for jesus need to submit some kind of special request??

its so mavericky to espouse ones firm christian values after lying about her nudie and partially nudie modeling picks--some of which were taken in the past couple years, getting her shiney new boobies--an artificial enhancement because the lord didnt create her desireable enough, and skip out on some of her official duties so she could get out there in that gotcha media spotlight!
Please remind me again what world you live in. Here is her response to the question that poor little Perez didn't like:

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Gee, what hatred in those words! So explain if you will your "it was how she said it" comment. Or just bring up Sarah Palin and "Christian values". That always seems to add to the debate. Or the fact that she got a boob job. Oh my! How can she get herself enhanced in any way if she does not believe in gay marriage?? But you decide not to mention a judge, a position we supposedly hold to high standards, referring to a contestant as a "dumb bitch". Your comments are pathetic.

So what standard should we hold you to Markwes... pathetic or poetic? It's not like anyone looks to Perez Hilton as an icon in beauty pageant circles. He's a critic, not a judge. He was selected because he's a gay Simon Cowell.

Try to use Carrie Prejean, "christian values" and [boob job] in a sentence, then get up on the pulpit and deliver that statement in front of any conservative evangelical congregation.... I dare you to not draw some laughs, at you, at her, or both.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri May 15, 2009 9:52 am

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:the whole broolah about her answer was not about her believing gay marriage is not ok within her teachings and beliefs. it was how she said it. sarah palin beware..there is competition for word salad queen of the year!!

what i want to know is...did all the contestants get offered shiney new boobies, or did miss jugs for jesus need to submit some kind of special request??

its so mavericky to espouse ones firm christian values after lying about her nudie and partially nudie modeling picks--some of which were taken in the past couple years, getting her shiney new boobies--an artificial enhancement because the lord didnt create her desireable enough, and skip out on some of her official duties so she could get out there in that gotcha media spotlight!
Please remind me again what world you live in. Here is her response to the question that poor little Perez didn't like:

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Gee, what hatred in those words! So explain if you will your "it was how she said it" comment. Or just bring up Sarah Palin and "Christian values". That always seems to add to the debate. Or the fact that she got a boob job. Oh my! How can she get herself enhanced in any way if she does not believe in gay marriage?? But you decide not to mention a judge, a position we supposedly hold to high standards, referring to a contestant as a "dumb bitch". Your comments are pathetic.

So what standard should we hold you to Markwes... pathetic or poetic? It's not like anyone looks to Perez Hilton as an icon in beauty pageant circles. He's a critic, not a judge. He was selected because he's a gay Simon Cowell.

Try to use Carrie Prejean, "christian values" and [boob job] in a sentence, then get up on the pulpit and deliver that statement in front of any conservative evangelical congregation.... I dare you to not draw some laughs, at you, at her, or both.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Okay, he's a critic, not a judge. Pardon my lack of understanding for beauty pageants. I'm trying to understand what FF found wrong with Prejean's answer and why she feels the need to attack her. I'll just wait while you or FF can come up with an response that doesn't include Sarah Palin or conservative evangelicals.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 10:52 am

Markwes wrote:I'm trying to understand what FF found wrong with Prejean's answer and why she feels the need to attack her. I'll just wait while you or FF can come up with an response that doesn't include Sarah Palin or conservative evangelicals.

Well, I can't answer for FF specifically, but I'll tell you what I think. Who would look at Carrie Prejean (clothed) and think she's an evangelical? Do I need to remove "(clothed)" to make the point, or "evangelical"? When I say evangelical, is it a bad word? Is it like taking the "evangelical" name in vain? Do you know any evangelicals with a great set of *shiny* new tits? Evangelicals would not select Prejean for a mascot.

My first comment (re: you poetic/pathetic) was about the standard you hold FF to, who wasn't spewing vitriol for the sake... but (the way I read) drew the comparison between two attractive women recently caught in the spotlight. Sarah Palin is forever a part of history, she'll be remembered for her unfortunately short beauty pageant (that's IMO).

It just seemed you came out against FF for painting a little of her own picture, but I liked her comments better than Perez's. As should be plainly obvious, most contestants have their answers made up in advance. At the very least, they have trained to temper their responses to unexpected questions. Prejean gave an answer, and it exploded in her face... Not because of what Perez said on LKL, but because the pictures came out, highlighting her defiance of *perceived* conservative evangelical principles AND probably most notably for further damaging the dignity of the Miss California USA pageant, and all of the contestants. Her previous actions made her answer seem completely counterfeit, to nearly everyone.

to borrow a phrase... she "hoe'd" it up.

I see no problem with FF giving *that* a poetic critique. I enjoyed it. Did FF throw you with "salad queen" like she did me... I'd love to know the origin of that phrase. Very Happy

For the record, I was also taught that marriage should be between a man and a woman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Perhaps Miss California should have had a teleprompter to read from as she was giving her response so that it wouldn't have sounded so off the cuff? scratch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XMvviFbkf0
Carrie Baby wrote:Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land, that, you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage. And, you know what... In my country an-an-in my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anyone out there. But, that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman. Thank you.

WTF is "opposite marriage"?

I think I'm starting to understand "word salad queen" a little more now.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=salad%20queen
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 6:07 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Here we go with the liberals stereotyping all Christians because of the actions of someone who proclaims to be a Christian. Yeah she got a boob. Maybe you would want the church to throw her out. If you think you are without any faults or don't have anything you have done that you have regretted than continue to to blast her. Otherwise, you got enough of your own problems to worry about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri May 15, 2009 10:39 pm

meta4 wrote:It just seemed you came out against FF for painting a little of her own picture, but I liked her comments better than Perez's. As should be plainly obvious, most contestants have their answers made up in advance. At the very least, they have trained to temper their responses to unexpected questions. Prejean gave an answer, and it exploded in her face... Not because of what Perez said on LKL, but because the pictures came out, highlighting her defiance of *perceived* conservative evangelical principles AND probably most notably for further damaging the dignity of the Miss California USA pageant, and all of the contestants. Her previous actions made her answer seem completely counterfeit, to nearly everyone.

I see no problem with FF giving *that* a poetic critique. I enjoyed it. Did FF throw you with "salad queen" like she did me... I'd love to know the origin of that phrase. Very Happy

For the record, I was also taught that marriage should be between a man and a woman.
Let me get this straight. Her answer exploded in her face because she lives by (in your words) conservative evangelical principles and yet posed for photos? I guess her answer would have been fine had she been a Satanist. See, you have joined the labeling crowd that thinks that women posing for semi nude photos is wonderful... until they mention that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Then all of a sudden she is some kind of hypocrite. I say in future pageants, after every answer given, a research team tries to dig up some dirt.

If I had to guess, I would say FF got the "salad queen" comment from a Wanda Sykes joke.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Here we go with the liberals stereotyping all Christians because of the actions of someone who proclaims to be a Christian. Yeah she got a boob. Maybe you would want the church to throw her out. If you think you are without any faults or don't have anything you have done that you have regretted than continue to to blast her. Otherwise, you got enough of your own problems to worry about.

Kroman is the typical conservative here ... throw the bitch under the bus once she is no longer of any useful press value. She is typical of a conservative hypocrit ... she wants to pass judgement on others but not want her own faults judged. Much like I preceive the loud and boorish Kroman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2009 6:40 am

Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Kroman is the typical conservative here ... throw the bitch under the bus once she is no longer of any useful press value. She is typical of a conservative hypocrit ... she wants to pass judgement on others but not want her own faults judged. Much like I preceive the loud and boorish Kroman.
Bman did you get poor reading grades in comprehension?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue May 19, 2009 7:55 am

She's still of value... she has a dynamite rack... anyone who doesn't see that as enough for a Palin/Prejean 2012 ticket hasn't been paying attention to the GOP.

On a more serious note, wait.... never mind.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2009 9:23 am

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:It just seemed you came out against FF for painting a little of her own picture, but I liked her comments better than Perez's. As should be plainly obvious, most contestants have their answers made up in advance. At the very least, they have trained to temper their responses to unexpected questions. Prejean gave an answer, and it exploded in her face... Not because of what Perez said on LKL, but because the pictures came out, highlighting her defiance of *perceived* conservative evangelical principles AND probably most notably for further damaging the dignity of the Miss California USA pageant, and all of the contestants. Her previous actions made her answer seem completely counterfeit, to nearly everyone.

Let me get this straight. Her answer exploded in her face because she lives by (in your words) conservative evangelical principles and yet posed for photos? I guess her answer would have been fine had she been a Satanist. See, you have joined the labeling crowd that thinks that women posing for semi nude photos is wonderful... until they mention that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Then all of a sudden she is some kind of hypocrite. I say in future pageants, after every answer given, a research team tries to dig up some dirt.

If I had to guess, I would say FF got the "salad queen" comment from a Wanda Sykes joke.

Next time, you might try to be careful paraphrasing my words. It looks to me like you just borrowed my words "conservative evangelical principles" to regurgitate your own sloppy mess. If you're going to borrow my words, at least take a complete sentence. My suggestion is in bold - it's the complete thought. Summary below...

meta4 wrote:Her previous actions made her answer seem completely counterfeit, to nearly everyone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon May 25, 2009 9:18 am

the term "word salad" comes from my visits to some alaska bloggers sites who express their opinions about sarah and many other things. thats where i read the phrase. clearly on those sites it is in reference to a statement where no rules of english language are followed and sentences are jumbled and often have no connections etc. a perfect example would be sarah, and i see carrie as a competitor for the title of "word salad queen".

i never criticized her for stating her belief/opinion. as i originally commented it was a combination of how she mixed the salad, and the feel of using her religion only when it suits..and of course thats what most christians do anyway so it wasnt that it surprised me. it was just my opinion. i dont believe perez speaks for most gays just like i dont believe teddy haggard does.

and gotta comment on kromies proud fact that the mormans temporarily bought the prop 8 vote last year...hmmm back in the day on ye olde jg board when there were discussions of gay rights, i think there was 1 state that allowed gay marriage? and since that time, we now have vermont, mass, connecticut, maine and iowa. proposed and expected to pass are dc and new york. and dobson telling his followers the culture wars on abortion and homosexuality are lost. uh ever hear of the domino effect Miss California controversy - Page 2 755658 Miss California controversy - Page 2 795451
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25, 2009 9:28 am

floridafun wrote:the term "word salad" comes from my visits to some alaska bloggers sites who express their opinions about sarah and many other things. thats where i read the phrase. clearly on those sites it is in reference to a statement where no rules of english language are followed and sentences are jumbled and often have no connections etc. a perfect example would be sarah, and i see carrie as a competitor for the title of "word salad queen".

i never criticized her for stating her belief/opinion. as i originally commented it was a combination of how she mixed the salad, and the feel of using her religion only when it suits..and of course thats what most christians do anyway so it wasnt that it surprised me. it was just my opinion. i dont believe perez speaks for most gays just like i dont believe teddy haggard does.

and gotta comment on kromies proud fact that the mormans temporarily bought the prop 8 vote last year...hmmm back in the day on ye olde jg board when there were discussions of gay rights, i think there was 1 state that allowed gay marriage? and since that time, we now have vermont, mass, connecticut, maine and iowa. proposed and expected to pass are dc and new york. and dobson telling his followers the culture wars on abortion and homosexuality are lost. uh ever hear of the domino effect Miss California controversy - Page 2 755658 Miss California controversy - Page 2 795451

FF I disagreed with the notion of going for marriage equality immediately but the effort seems to be paying off, I guess if one realizes that you will lose some battles but the war will be won you get this type of domino effect. I have good word that the CA Supreme Court will uphold Prop 8 on Tuesday which is sad but with these other states approving it Ca. will have another vote or another case before the court or legislative action to make it happen. If gay marriage can happen in Iowa it can happen anywhere ... heck even in Indiana. Battles will be lost along the way but I am confident the war will be won.

Prejean is good for comedic value now ... boob job and liar but by God she has her faith!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 25, 2009 11:32 am

floridafun wrote:and the feel of using her religion only when it suits..and of course thats what most christians do anyway so it wasnt that it surprised me.
That pretty much says it all, stereotyping. I'm just interested to know how she "used her religion", whatever that means.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 25, 2009 11:44 am

Bman wrote:
floridafun wrote:the term "word salad" comes from my visits to some alaska bloggers sites who express their opinions about sarah and many other things. thats where i read the phrase. clearly on those sites it is in reference to a statement where no rules of english language are followed and sentences are jumbled and often have no connections etc. a perfect example would be sarah, and i see carrie as a competitor for the title of "word salad queen".

FF I disagreed with the notion of going for marriage equality immediately but the effort seems to be paying off, I guess if one realizes that you will lose some battles but the war will be won you get this type of domino effect. I have good word that the CA Supreme Court will uphold Prop 8 on Tuesday which is sad but with these other states approving it Ca. will have another vote or another case before the court or legislative action to make it happen. If gay marriage can happen in Iowa it can happen anywhere ... heck even in Indiana. Battles will be lost along the way but I am confident the war will be won.

Prejean is good for comedic value now ... boob job and liar but by God she has her faith!
Are you fighting that battle for legalized polygamy too Bman? Odd that I didn't see the same passion from you over the raid of that polygamist ranch last year. Hundreds of children were taken from their parents, but you probably think they deserved it. After all, they were wearing their religion on their sleeves. Anyway, I'm confident that you will fight the battle for those in silence. Polygamy is allowed in many countries, it's only a matter of time right?

What do you find funny about Prejean? That she got a boob job? How is she a liar, and if that's the case, how is that funny?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon May 25, 2009 4:11 pm

floridafun wrote:i never criticized her for stating her belief/opinion. as i originally commented it was a combination of how she mixed the salad, and the feel of using her religion only when it suits..and of course thats what most christians do anyway so it wasnt that it surprised me. it was just my opinion. i dont believe perez speaks for most gays just like i dont believe teddy haggard does.
It probably would have helped Miss CA if Barack Uh-bama would have loaned her his teleprompter for the evening... Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25, 2009 4:23 pm

floridafun wrote:

You libs always have an excuse don't you? You mean to tell me the largest populated state in the country voted down homosexual marriage because of a few mormons who live in Utah? You crack me up. It's nice to see after all these years that you still are so bitter towards Christians that you don't have anything better to do than talk bad about them every chance you get. That's sad.

You are right about the domino effect. Once one state crumbles morally, others will follow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
floridafun wrote:i never criticized her for stating her belief/opinion. as i originally commented it was a combination of how she mixed the salad, and the feel of using her religion only when it suits..and of course thats what most christians do anyway so it wasnt that it surprised me. it was just my opinion. i dont believe perez speaks for most gays just like i dont believe teddy haggard does.
It probably would have helped Miss CA if Barack Uh-bama would have loaned her his teleprompter for the evening... Wink

She didn't need a teleprompter to answer a direct question honestly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Kroman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Now that there is funny no matter how you look at it ... Prejean and honest in the same sentenence. Hilarious.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Now that there is funny no matter how you look at it ... Prejean and honest in the same sentenence. Hilarious.

Can't get over the Avon dig can you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue May 26, 2009 12:27 pm

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:and the feel of using her religion only when it suits..and of course thats what most christians do anyway so it wasnt that it surprised me.
That pretty much says it all, stereotyping. I'm just interested to know how she "used her religion", whatever that means.

and which ones dont/havent? seems to me its only a stereotype if one uses only the extreme flamboyant members of a group to determine the ideas/behaviors of all of them. i am using the words and deeds of the many if not all.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue May 26, 2009 7:26 pm

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:

and which ones dont/havent? seems to me its only a stereotype if one uses only the extreme flamboyant members of a group to determine the ideas/behaviors of all of them. i am using the words and deeds of the many if not all.
I'm just trying to understand how you came to that conclusion. Was she being an extreme flamboyant Christian because she said she thinks marriage is between a man and a woman? Or because she cahorted with some religious groups? Because if that's the case, you could easily be labeled an extreme flamboyant liberal. Even the other liberals here aren't defending Pelosi. Ah, but I'm getting off track.

One's religious views help define what a person thinks is right and wrong. If this contestant had been asked if stealing is okay when you really want something, I would guess she'd say no. Is that using her religion just because stealing goes against her faith? I have to give some kudos to the mayor of San Francisco, who despite being a strong proponent of same sex unions, defended her answer.

And by the way, if it's all about her improper use of the English language, I would really like to see any of you, with all kinds of things on the line, go in front of a big audience on stage, and in front of a nationally televised audience, and having no idea what the question will be, rattle off a good answer. Oh, and you have to go back to your mindset a age 19 or so again too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 26, 2009 9:34 pm

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:

I'm just trying to understand how you came to that conclusion. Was she being an extreme flamboyant Christian because she said she thinks marriage is between a man and a woman? Or because she cahorted with some religious groups? Because if that's the case, you could easily be labeled an extreme flamboyant liberal. Even the other liberals here aren't defending Pelosi. Ah, but I'm getting off track.

One's religious views help define what a person thinks is right and wrong. If this contestant had been asked if stealing is okay when you really want something, I would guess she'd say no. Is that using her religion just because stealing goes against her faith? I have to give some kudos to the mayor of San Francisco, who despite being a strong proponent of same sex unions, defended her answer.

And by the way, if it's all about her improper use of the English language, I would really like to see any of you, with all kinds of things on the line, go in front of a big audience on stage, and in front of a nationally televised audience, and having no idea what the question will be, rattle off a good answer. Oh, and you have to go back to your mindset a age 19 or so again too.

Feel free to call me a flamboyant liberal ... the "L" word is back envogue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed May 27, 2009 10:30 am

mark its up to you if you feel proud to support this candidate who

1) based her answer to a question (at a pageant she chose to be a contestant in, geared primarily toward sex appeal) on her firm religious values, which is fine by me..

2) but this same person had no faith that her lord created a sexy enough body for her to be a winner so she gets shiney new boobies paid in full by a pageant whose primary existence is based on sex appeal..

3) and when the boobie plot intended to make her sexier is made public she pouts because it was made public and doesnt bother discussing the thought that its not appropriate religion-wise because its a major mixed message as a role model to young girls. or maybe you dont see it as a mixed values message..maybe you would like to see your daughters mentored by that kind of thinking?

4) and who posed for nudie pix in the last year after having posed for partial nudie pix a few years ago..

5) and lied about it on her application to compete for miss cally sex symbol..

6)and lied again when the news of the pix broke and told the pageant officials she had not posed for either..then oops, she did but so what everybody does it...
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed May 27, 2009 3:03 pm

floridafun wrote:mark its up to you if you feel proud to support this candidate who

1) based her answer to a question (at a pageant she chose to be a contestant in, geared primarily toward sex appeal) on her firm religious values, which is fine by me..

2) but this same person had no faith that her lord created a sexy enough body for her to be a winner so she gets shiney new boobies paid in full by a pageant whose primary existence is based on sex appeal..

3) and when the boobie plot intended to make her sexier is made public she pouts because it was made public and doesnt bother discussing the thought that its not appropriate religion-wise because its a major mixed message as a role model to young girls. or maybe you dont see it as a mixed values message..maybe you would like to see your daughters mentored by that kind of thinking?

4) and who posed for nudie pix in the last year after having posed for partial nudie pix a few years ago..

5) and lied about it on her application to compete for miss cally sex symbol..

6)and lied again when the news of the pix broke and told the pageant officials she had not posed for either..then oops, she did but so what everybody does it...
I never said I proudly support her. But I do proudly defend her right to answer a question honestly without retribution from pageant officials. I believe the boob job paid for by the pageant only went public because the director, who didn't like Carrie's answer either, decided to make it public. Real classy there. And your mixed message comment amuses me. It's not appropriate religion-wise according to who? You? If she believes that biting the heads off of live bats is appropriate, then it is to her. You can't bash Christians for being judgemental and then turn around and judge her.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2009 9:36 pm

Markwes wrote:You can't bash Christians for being judgemental and then turn around and judge her.

... or call attention to hypocrisy in any way.

She shouldn't be discriminated against because of her religious beliefs.

I can see how in everyday normal situations, that would be true, but this was a competition with a panel of judges. The question was a curve ball, she had to swing at it. When in mid-swing they notice bright pink bubble gum stuck in her hair on the back of her head. Oops. They just didn't like her answer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next