The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss California controversy

+4
Pez
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Miss California controversy - Page 3 Empty Re: Miss California controversy

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Miss CA Fired...

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/06/miss-california-carrie-prejean-fired.html

Controversy magnet Carrie Prejean has lost her Miss California crown, Fox News is reporting. The Miss USA contestant, who last month was allowed to keep her title by pageant owner Donald Trump after semi-nude photos of her surfaced, has been let go by pageant producers K2 Productions, who cited "contract violations" as the sole reason for the decision. TMZ reports that Trump fired her for failing to get clearance to do extracurricular activities. "I told Carrie she needed to get back to work and honor her contract with the Miss California Organization and I gave her the opportunity to do so," Trump concurred in the announcement of today's firing. "Unfortunately, it just doesn’t look like it is going to happen." Runner-up Tami Farrell will now take the place of Prejean, who recently substituted as anchor of Fox News Channel's morning show Fox & Friends.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:39 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Miss CA Fired...

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/06/miss-california-carrie-prejean-fired.html

Controversy magnet Carrie Prejean has lost her Miss California crown, Fox News is reporting. The Miss USA contestant, who last month was allowed to keep her title by pageant owner Donald Trump after semi-nude photos of her surfaced, has been let go by pageant producers K2 Productions, who cited "contract violations" as the sole reason for the decision. TMZ reports that Trump fired her for failing to get clearance to do extracurricular activities. "I told Carrie she needed to get back to work and honor her contract with the Miss California Organization and I gave her the opportunity to do so," Trump concurred in the announcement of today's firing. "Unfortunately, it just doesn’t look like it is going to happen." Runner-up Tami Farrell will now take the place of Prejean, who recently substituted as anchor of Fox News Channel's morning show Fox & Friends.

She is your martyr now!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:15 am

I really cant figure out how this is still news...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Pez wrote:I really cant figure out how this is still news...

I know ... heck in the past 11 days we have had TWO homegrown domestic terrorist incidents perpetrated by right wing hate group-type individuals ... the killer of Dr. Tiller and the Holocaust Museum shooter ...

I think right wingers are a bigger cancer on America than Al Queda.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Bman wrote:

I know ... heck in the past 11 days we have had TWO homegrown domestic terrorist incidents perpetrated by right wing hate group-type individuals ... the killer of Dr. Tiller and the Holocaust Museum shooter ...

Wow, that's just brilliant. I'll wait for Meta to comment on your labeling of right wingers.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Bman wrote:

You are truly a whack-a-doo
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Bman wrote:

And don't forget about the Muslim Terrorist guy who killed a soldier in Arkansas...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Bman wrote:I think right wingers are a bigger cancer on America than Al Queda.

Wow, talk about hyperbole. You, sir, are one of the most demeaning, abrasive, belittling posters on this board. When you do make good points - and you do here and there - they're usually accompanied with boasts and insults that would make Terrell Owens cringe. You can't change anyone's mind because instead of listening to your points, you draw shots back at the fact that you act like a jerk whenever you have a valid point. And you probably deserve that. You could have made an intellectual argument about why you think right-wingers are prone to this. Maybe someone else could have pointed out that there was a lot of violence caused by left-wing circles in the late 1960's and early 70's. But instead you took this route and once again shown you cannot rise above a childish attention-getter. I'm sure you're thrilled that I decided to point you out, so enjoy.

EDIT: Whew, okay, that was a little over-the-top...but still, I think the statement I am responding to is quite a low blow.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks Savoy... it's not just bman, I can be a bit mean spirited at times as well... it amazes me that a thread about miss California being anti gay marriage made a gay guy mad is causing old friends to so readily dis one another... I hate it when I get caught up in it...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:23 pm

I thought I saw those Olive branches laying on the road at lunch, I stopped and picked them up...here CATCH. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Pez wrote:Thanks Savoy... it's not just bman, I can be a bit mean spirited at times as well... it amazes me that a thread about miss California being anti gay marriage made a gay guy mad is causing old friends to so readily dis one another... I hate it when I get caught up in it...

Well, I think we all get caught up in it from time to time - I only acted on this because it seemed lower than usual. Also I can't get this stupid SPI port on my processor to correctly read in serial data - grrr. Mad
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:51 pm

I didn't necessarily take it as Bman being serious. I think it was a case of Bman being Bman. I tend to read a lot of his posts with a tongue in the side of my cheek (much like some of mine). Smile
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:28 pm

You could be right Cincy...but we can't take that chance! Smile No, I kid...you're probably right, good call. I will keep that perspective in mind when the next poster "steps out of line". Cool
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm

SavoyTruffle wrote:
Bman wrote:I think right wingers are a bigger cancer on America than Al Queda.

Wow, talk about hyperbole. You, sir, are one of the most demeaning, abrasive, belittling posters on this board. When you do make good points - and you do here and there - they're usually accompanied with boasts and insults that would make Terrell Owens cringe. You can't change anyone's mind because instead of listening to your points, you draw shots back at the fact that you act like a jerk whenever you have a valid point. And you probably deserve that. You could have made an intellectual argument about why you think right-wingers are prone to this. Maybe someone else could have pointed out that there was a lot of violence caused by left-wing circles in the late 1960's and early 70's. But instead you took this route and once again shown you cannot rise above a childish attention-getter. I'm sure you're thrilled that I decided to point you out, so enjoy.

EDIT: Whew, okay, that was a little over-the-top...but still, I think the statement I am responding to is quite a low blow.

Savoy, once again I will admit that I am not here to make friends with the likes of some that also post here on this board. Personally if I had to read my "demeaning, abrasive and belittling posts" vs. some of the other mucky muck muck stuff around here I would ... If you don't like my posts then "foe" me ... who cares? By the way I stand by my post ... where was the anger when Rush Limbaugh said Obama was destroying the country faster than Al Queda could ... huh?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Bman wrote: By the way I stand by my post ... where was the anger when Rush Limbaugh said Obama was destroying the country faster than Al Queda could ... huh?

Funny, I was initially going to say your comment was like a Rush quote...bring me Rush and I'll berate him, too. And yes, generally I don't check the political posts as much anymore because I know they all break down to this - but curiosity got a hold of me on this one and, well, there you have it.

It must be more fun to be incendiary than it is to be informative; more fun to beat heads than to change minds.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:18 pm

i dont see how he was any more incendiary than anyone else here occasionally gets.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I didn't necessarily take it as Bman being serious. I think it was a case of Bman being Bman. I tend to read a lot of his posts with a tongue in the side of my cheek (much like some of mine). Smile
Yeah, I guess we can't blame Bman seeing as he gets all his info watching the likes of Chris Matthews.

http://successuniversitypros.com/blog/on-hardball-journalist-links-rush-limbaugh-to-holocaust-museum-shooting

Apparently, right wing talk radio was responsible for this guy killing. Miss California controversy - Page 3 839550

Well let me ask you Sue, we live in a country where it’s easier to get your hands on a gun than to get somebody to make you a waffle. It’s easy! It is totally easy in this country. We believe in the First Amendment.
Who knew there was a waiting list for waffles? Oh, and Chris, that would be the Second Amendment.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:48 pm

floridafun wrote:i dont see how he was any more incendiary than anyone else here occasionally gets.

Actually, I made that statement about all who do get that way - as I mentioned, I don't usually go through these threads, but it sounds like outrageous statements are commonplace. Oh, well.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Markwes wrote:Yeah, I guess we can't blame Bman seeing as he gets all his info watching the likes of Chris Matthews.

http://successuniversitypros.com/blog/on-hardball-journalist-links-rush-limbaugh-to-holocaust-museum-shooting

Apparently, right wing talk radio was responsible for this guy killing. Miss California controversy - Page 3 839550

Who knew there was a waiting list for waffles? Oh, and Chris, that would be the Second Amendment.

The last part was pretty bad, but when I read the whole thing through, he was trying to distance himself from saying that Rush Limbaugh and co. were responsible for it. He was just trying to say that they rile up the conservatives, which can lead to things like this. I disagree, personally - I would be reluctant to believe that these guys actually listened to Rush. Instead, it's more like the fact that both were involved in extremely radical right-wing groups which were, from my understanding, not reluctant to use violence to accomplish their means. So even though he was attempting some sort of tenuous link, he doesn't outright blame them. Besides, most Rush listeners just shake their fists at the TV when Obama comes on, and that's about the extent of it. Razz
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:31 am

SavoyTruffle wrote:
The last part was pretty bad, but when I read the whole thing through, he was trying to distance himself from saying that Rush Limbaugh and co. were responsible for it. He was just trying to say that they rile up the conservatives, which can lead to things like this. I disagree, personally - I would be reluctant to believe that these guys actually listened to Rush. Instead, it's more like the fact that both were involved in extremely radical right-wing groups which were, from my understanding, not reluctant to use violence to accomplish their means. So even though he was attempting some sort of tenuous link, he doesn't outright blame them. Besides, most Rush listeners just shake their fists at the TV when Obama comes on, and that's about the extent of it. Razz

Really Savoy .... I work with some Rush listeners who ABSOLUTELY support bombing abortion clinics, one who said what happened to Matthew Shepard was nothing more than a random act etc ... please broaden your conservative horizon ... bring in more of the Kroman types.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 am

Bman wrote:
SavoyTruffle wrote:

Really Savoy .... I work with some Rush listeners who ABSOLUTELY support bombing abortion clinics, one who said what happened to Matthew Shepard was nothing more than a random act etc ... please broaden your conservative horizon ... bring in more of the Kroman types.

Well then, it's quite apparent that you work with some whackos and I'm glad to know that minuscule sampling speaks for everyone. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:40 am

Please LTRT back during the election you heard right wing idiots getting wound up at McCain and Palin events and saying shit that was unbelievable, watch the HBO documentary on the election and some of the things people said ON camera, some of it was filmed here in Fort Wayne. Right wing talk radio fans the fire of hate ... I see that as FACT.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:42 am

Bman wrote:Please LTRT back during the election you heard right wing idiots getting wound up at McCain and Palin events and saying shit that was unbelievable, watch the HBO documentary on the election and some of the things people said ON camera, some of it was filmed here in Fort Wayne. Right wing talk radio fans the fire of hate ... I see that as FACT.

What's that those young kids say....whaaateveeer. Cool
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:43 am

Bman wrote:
SavoyTruffle wrote:

No wonder your IQ is a little higher than normal... Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:56 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Please LTRT back during the election you heard right wing idiots getting wound up at McCain and Palin events and saying shit that was unbelievable, watch the HBO documentary on the election and some of the things people said ON camera, some of it was filmed here in Fort Wayne. Right wing talk radio fans the fire of hate ... I see that as FACT.

What's that those young kids say....whaaateveeer. Cool

Do you deny the Holocaust too?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next