The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss California controversy

+4
Pez
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Miss California controversy - Page 4 Empty Re: Miss California controversy

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:06 am

Bman wrote:Please LTRT back during the election you heard right wing idiots getting wound up at McCain and Palin events and saying shit that was unbelievable, watch the HBO documentary on the election and some of the things people said ON camera, some of it was filmed here in Fort Wayne. Right wing talk radio fans the fire of hate ... I see that as FACT.
2 words for you Bman...

1) Ratings
2) Revenue

As long as so-called right wing talkers like Rush and Hannity and Bill Cunningham get those 2 things...they're doing their job their employer hired them to do. I consider most of them nothing more than the political versions of Howard Stern. Like him or not, the guy brings in ratings and revenue for his employer.

SUCCESSFUL talk show hosts are ones that you either love to hate or hate to love. Those that have a vanilla flavor don't last long. I'm guessing Rush is a chunky-monkey flavor. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:07 am

SavoyTruffle wrote:Actually, I made that statement about all who do get that way - as I mentioned, I don't usually go through these threads, but it sounds like outrageous statements are commonplace. Oh, well.

I'd like to pronounce you baptized in the Real Board muckety muck. If you would accept it, of course. It's the same thing that gets to most all of us from time to time. First comes the irresistible urge to rebuke... then after a time you find yourself giving weak arguments the wrong end of an intellectual broomstick.

Enjoy the cookies!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:12 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Please LTRT back during the election you heard right wing idiots getting wound up at McCain and Palin events and saying shit that was unbelievable, watch the HBO documentary on the election and some of the things people said ON camera, some of it was filmed here in Fort Wayne. Right wing talk radio fans the fire of hate ... I see that as FACT.

What's that those young kids say....whaaateveeer. Cool

Do you deny the Holocaust too?

NO Miss California controversy - Page 4 839550 ...Do you want to move to the next topic?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:34 am

Bman wrote:Really Savoy .... I work with some Rush listeners who ABSOLUTELY support bombing abortion clinics, one who said what happened to Matthew Shepard was nothing more than a random act etc ... please broaden your conservative horizon ... bring in more of the Kroman types.

I've NEVER, and I mean that in all seriousness, met anyone personally who supports bombing abortion clinics. EVER. That isn't strong conservatism or anything remotely having to do with conservatism. It's just crazy. I don't know where you work, but it sounds scary. With few exceptions, I am often seen as the most liberal (!) person in my department. So that should be indicative of the conservatism that I work around. I am certain I was the only one who didn't vote for McCain. Yet, I know not one would endorse such insanity.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Bman wrote:
Pez wrote:I really cant figure out how this is still news...

I know ... heck in the past 11 days we have had TWO homegrown domestic terrorist incidents perpetrated by right wing hate group-type individuals ... the killer of Dr. Tiller and the Holocaust Museum shooter ...

I think right wingers are a bigger cancer on America than Al Queda.
Getting back to this comment, I'm still interested in knowing how this shooter is associated with a right-wing hate group. Where do you make the connection between conservatism and racism, because the last I knew, racism wasn't constrained by political lines? As I understand, this guy hated Bush too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:52 pm

SavoyTruffle wrote:
Bman wrote:Really Savoy .... I work with some Rush listeners who ABSOLUTELY support bombing abortion clinics, one who said what happened to Matthew Shepard was nothing more than a random act etc ... please broaden your conservative horizon ... bring in more of the Kroman types.

I've NEVER, and I mean that in all seriousness, met anyone personally who supports bombing abortion clinics. EVER. That isn't strong conservatism or anything remotely having to do with conservatism. It's just crazy. I don't know where you work, but it sounds scary. With few exceptions, I am often seen as the most liberal (!) person in my department. So that should be indicative of the conservatism that I work around. I am certain I was the only one who didn't vote for McCain. Yet, I know not one would endorse such insanity.
Same here. I would be looking for a new job if I worked around those types. Now, I certainly hope Bman isn't lumping Kroman in with abortion clinic bombers. That is one slippery, slippery slope there...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Hey Markwes, you seem a little preoccupied with this extra wide tangent to Miss California Controversy. Just sayin' Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:08 pm

meta4 wrote:Hey Markwes, you seem a little preoccupied with this extra wide tangent to Miss California Controversy. Just sayin' Very Happy
Yeah, I keep thinking I should start a new thread regarding the evil right-wing talk radio hosts. alien
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm just waiting for the 'semi-nude' links to get posted... thats why I keep coming back

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:59 pm

SavoyTruffle wrote:

No one in their right mind would endorse that. Republican, Independent, Libertarian, or Democrat. Right bman?.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Kroman wrote:
SavoyTruffle wrote:

No one in their right mind would endorse that. Republican, Independent, Libertarian, or Democrat. Right bman?.......
I don't think anybody in their left mind would either... Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:23 pm

All I know is that I am a lover not a fighter ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Bman wrote:All I know is that I am a lover not a fighter ...
yeah you're pretty much a teddy bear. hope that doesn't make me a name-caller! Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:25 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
Pez wrote:I really cant figure out how this is still news...

I know ... heck in the past 11 days we have had TWO homegrown domestic terrorist incidents perpetrated by right wing hate group-type individuals ... the killer of Dr. Tiller and the Holocaust Museum shooter ...

I think right wingers are a bigger cancer on America than Al Queda.
Getting back to this comment, I'm still interested in knowing how this shooter is associated with a right-wing hate group. Where do you make the connection between conservatism and racism, because the last I knew, racism wasn't constrained by political lines? As I understand, this guy hated Bush too.

not speaking for bman or just the connection between "conservatism and racism" but i get that about radical extremists on the verge of explosion and the connection with right wing media from some co-workers, some extended family members, some personal aquaintances, the excessive amount of fear mongering hatred-fostering e-forwards i receive **which are based on absolute proven lies** with headers screaming OBAMA IS NOT AN AMERICAN CITIZEN, OBAMA IS INSTILLING COMMUNISM IN AMERICA, OBAMA SUPPORTS MURDERING INNOCENT BABIES, OBAMA SUPPORTS SUPRESSING OUR RELIGION, DONT IGNORE THIS IF YOU BELIEVE IN TRUE AMERICAN VALUES, OUR NATION IS IN PERIL, PATRIOTISM IS BEING KILLED BY THE LEFT etc etc, some comments made on this board and on the old jg board, and mainly i get the idea simply from tuning in to faux and reading worldnutdaily on a regular bases. sure not all nutjobs are republicon or neocon but those i know who are faux and newsmax and worldnutdaily fans happen to be. and they do feel their opinions are faithfully and factually supported by commentators like beck and rush and billo and coulter and dr laura etc.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:00 pm

What does all of this have to do with Miss California? scratch

Hey Markwes, maybe you should change the topic title. Arrow
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:18 am

LTRT wrote:What does all of this have to do with Miss California? scratch

Hey Markwes, maybe you should change the topic title. Arrow

Or find the semi-nude Links and share them (of the former miss California, not conservative radio hosts)

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:38 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
SavoyTruffle wrote:

what a freakin sandlot. snicker at me because my comment was totally not part of the discussion going on in this topic..coupled with whether the thread topic name should be changed? i should stick to topic? ((example above wasnt what i comment on??))

oops disregard the comment i just typed. silly me i forgot for a sec where i am and how it goes here..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:47 am

floridafun wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
SavoyTruffle wrote:

what a freakin sandlot. snicker at me because my comment was totally not part of the discussion going on in this topic..coupled with whether the thread topic name should be changed? i should stick to topic? ((example above wasnt what i comment on??))

oops disregard the comment i just typed. silly me i forgot for a sec where i am and how it goes here..
Okay, where was I complaining about the thread topic?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down