The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

+4
Pez
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:24 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Gee you're becoming Mr. Sensitivity lately. Guess I should have added a little smiley face so as you would not be offended. Yes, I'm well aware that it came from a blog associated with Playboy. So what? You don't seem bothered when FF lumps all Christians into one category. And may I point out that during the last campaign you seemed to find humor in how hot Sarah Palin is but how completely unfit for the job she was. But that's different...

I have no idea what sensation has to do with your learned behavior of grouping and smearing liberals in stereotype. Were you referring to my sensitivity to bullshit, Ms. Brown, or are you still sore about the incompetently hot Sarah Palin for VP? That shit was weak.

If you're trying to compete with FF for who can wear the jade specs, go ahead. She doesn't represent my viewpoint of "christians", and I doubt very seriously she'd change my perspective on them, much. I find her diatribes thoughtful and witty at times, often provoking additional consideration of humanity's blind spots. I agree with her some times, but not all the time.

Man, I'm with sankofa... I'd make a candle light dinner for Sarah.
You need to take a valium or something. I was referring to your "you're starting to scare me" and "sounding like Rush" crap. It was meant to be a light-hearted comment on what liberals find entertaining, Mr. Sensitivity. Funny that you go off on that and ignore my main point which was refuting FF's claim that Fox News has high ratings because of its entertainment value.

I responded with a light hearted reflection on the rest of your post, not just focusing on one part of it. If you really meant to say only that.

I'm not trying to best your strategy of name calling or play into your Mr. Sensitivity characterization. If you're "roundabout" referring to how my tone has changed since I dropped my mod powers, you're correct. I dropped mod specifically so I could be more vocal and less tolerant of the complete bullshit some here try to spew. Back then, I thought we could be more civil and avoid direct insults by merely clicking a link. That idea didn't seem to be appreciated by you bastards that jumped all over me for the Shindex. We didn't use smiley's to enforce civility then, why would we start now?

Oh, omnipotent smiley power, imbue me with thine entertaining extra sensory perception. Very Happy

A schizoid board member. It looks like your non-mod personality said "no" to the olive branch gesture. That's ok. It's still all positive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:16 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Gee you're becoming Mr. Sensitivity lately. Guess I should have added a little smiley face so as you would not be offended. Yes, I'm well aware that it came from a blog associated with Playboy. So what? You don't seem bothered when FF lumps all Christians into one category. And may I point out that during the last campaign you seemed to find humor in how hot Sarah Palin is but how completely unfit for the job she was. But that's different...

I have no idea what sensation has to do with your learned behavior of grouping and smearing liberals in stereotype. Were you referring to my sensitivity to bullshit, Ms. Brown, or are you still sore about the incompetently hot Sarah Palin for VP? That shit was weak.

If you're trying to compete with FF for who can wear the jade specs, go ahead. She doesn't represent my viewpoint of "christians", and I doubt very seriously she'd change my perspective on them, much. I find her diatribes thoughtful and witty at times, often provoking additional consideration of humanity's blind spots. I agree with her some times, but not all the time.

You need to take a valium or something. I was referring to your "you're starting to scare me" and "sounding like Rush" crap. It was meant to be a light-hearted comment on what liberals find entertaining, Mr. Sensitivity. Funny that you go off on that and ignore my main point which was refuting FF's claim that Fox News has high ratings because of its entertainment value.

I responded with a light hearted reflection on the rest of your post, not just focusing on one part of it. If you really meant to say only that.

I'm not trying to best your strategy of name calling or play into your Mr. Sensitivity characterization. If you're "roundabout" referring to how my tone has changed since I dropped my mod powers, you're correct. I dropped mod specifically so I could be more vocal and less tolerant of the complete bullshit some here try to spew. Back then, I thought we could be more civil and avoid direct insults by merely clicking a link. That idea didn't seem to be appreciated by you bastards that jumped all over me for the Shindex. We didn't use smiley's to enforce civility then, why would we start now?

Oh, omnipotent smiley power, imbue me with thine entertaining extra sensory perception. Very Happy

A schizoid board member. It looks like your non-mod personality said "no" to the olive branch gesture. That's ok. It's still all positive.

Again with the names... Looks like you said "no" to your own gesture. What a Face

You're a waste of my time, yet still I extend enlightenment. In my opinion, and a few others, you bring nothing worthwhile to the board. Think of it this way, the reason you're able to be here is because I stepped down. Enjoy freedom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 pm

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Again with the names... Looks like you said "no" to your own gesture. What a Face

You're a waste of my time, yet still I extend enlightenment. In my opinion, and a few others, you bring nothing worthwhile to the board. Think of it this way, the reason you're able to be here is because I stepped down. Enjoy freedom.
Thanks Chuckles. Oops sorry for the name calling. Your opinion and the opinion of others who share your viewpoint towards me doesn't mean anything. If I'm such a waste of your time why do you engage in conversation with me? Why do you try to belittle me when all I do is offer an opposition to your extremist viewpoints. I can make the case that a number of people on this board are tired of you and the other liberals on this board who demean those who disagree with them. The real problem is you can't stand the heat. Get out of the kitchen and go hang out in a mensa forum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:A schizoid board member. It looks like your non-mod personality said "no" to the olive branch gesture. That's ok. It's still all positive.

Your opinion and the opinion of others who share your viewpoint towards me doesn't mean anything. If I'm such a waste of your time why do you engage in conversation with me? Why do you try to belittle me when all I do is offer an opposition to your extremist viewpoints. I can make the case that a number of people on this board are tired of you and the other liberals on this board who demean those who disagree with them. The real problem is you can't stand the heat. Get out of the kitchen and go hang out in a mensa forum.

Why do I engage in conversation? To answer your... question, I hope. I realize full well that I cannot make you to understand what it is you do not understand and are not looking to understand.

The rest of your post doesn't feel very Olive Branchy. In my mind, the olive branch isn't just a stick. I assumed there would be some change of tone, or other observable tangible change behind the symbolism of the stick. This would suggest you are taking action toward a commitment to "refrain from making "insults" towards others", which you do not seem to be.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:27 pm

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:A schizoid board member. It looks like your non-mod personality said "no" to the olive branch gesture. That's ok. It's still all positive.

Your opinion and the opinion of others who share your viewpoint towards me doesn't mean anything. If I'm such a waste of your time why do you engage in conversation with me? Why do you try to belittle me when all I do is offer an opposition to your extremist viewpoints. I can make the case that a number of people on this board are tired of you and the other liberals on this board who demean those who disagree with them. The real problem is you can't stand the heat. Get out of the kitchen and go hang out in a mensa forum.

Why do I engage in conversation? To answer your... question, I hope. I realize full well that I cannot make you to understand what it is you do not understand and are not looking to understand.

The rest of your post doesn't feel very Olive Branchy. In my mind, the olive branch isn't just a stick. I assumed there would be some change of tone, or other observable tangible change behind the symbolism of the stick. This would suggest you are taking action toward a commitment to "refrain from making "insults" towards others", which you do not seem to be.

It's nice, to be nice, to the nice.....Major Frank Burns. Go back and reread your posts and your comments towards me and continue to cast stones at me if you think the log is out of your own eye.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:16 pm

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Maybe it's me, but schizoid doesn't fall into the category of "name-calling". If he would have said a "depressed" board member or "worried" would you have considered that name-calling?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Maybe it's me, but schizoid doesn't fall into the category of "name-calling". If he would have said a "depressed" board member or "worried" would you have considered that name-calling?

He even admitted he has two different personalities on the board so all I was doing was agreeing with him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 am

Well that was 7 mins I wont get back catching up on this thread.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Pez wrote:Well that was 7 mins I wont get back catching up on this thread.

Sorry you weren't entertained.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:52 pm

np... I'm just being selfish. I realize that the internets is serious businesses.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_beck_s_advertisers

NEW YORK – Glenn Beck returns to Fox News Channel on Monday after a vacation with fewer companies willing to advertise on his show than when he left, part of the fallout from calling President Barack Obama a racist.

The Clorox Co., a former Beck advertiser, now says that "we do not want to be associated with inflammatory speech used by either liberal or conservative talk show hosts." The maker of bleach and household cleaners said in a statement that it has decided not to advertise on political talk shows.
Not saying I agree with Beck, but since when is calling someone a racist inflammatory? Of all the things he has said over the years, this is the "big one"?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:50 pm

How can collaing someone a racist not be inflammatory? If Al Sharpton called Jesse Jackson a racist I would consider it inflammatory (and pretty damn hilarious)....

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Pez wrote:Well that was 7 mins I wont get back catching up on this thread.

I saw this and decided I won't lose the full 7 minutes, I just lost 2... Razz
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Markwes wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_beck_s_advertisers

NEW YORK – Glenn Beck returns to Fox News Channel on Monday after a vacation with fewer companies willing to advertise on his show than when he left, part of the fallout from calling President Barack Obama a racist.

The Clorox Co., a former Beck advertiser, now says that "we do not want to be associated with inflammatory speech used by either liberal or conservative talk show hosts." The maker of bleach and household cleaners said in a statement that it has decided not to advertise on political talk shows.
Not saying I agree with Beck, but since when is calling someone a racist inflammatory? Of all the things he has said over the years, this is the "big one"?

I don't see a clear connection between Clorox and Beck's racists comment. The author of the article gave a nod that they were a former supporter of Beck, what makes you think that specific comment is cause for the axed support of Beck's show?

In general, I would say the author of the article is highlighting a real consequence of his version of "free" speech. I have little doubt Beck has already framed this as an attack on HIS free speech, vicariously affecting all of his viewers rights as well... Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Pez wrote:How can collaing someone a racist not be inflammatory? If Al Sharpton called Jesse Jackson a racist I would consider it inflammatory (and pretty damn hilarious)....
Okay, I've been called a racist for not supporting the president, but I get your point. What about the 2nd part though? Were you sincerely shocked by Beck's statement more than with the thousand other times he has slammed Obama?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Kinda funny... I missed this at first glance.

Some of his show's advertisers last week included a male enhancement pill, a law firm looking to sue on behalf of asbestos victims, a company selling medical supplies to diabetics and a water filter company.

This speaks to the demographic and why other advertisers may not want to be associated with the Fox News version equivalent of Billy Mays. Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Markwes wrote:Okay, I've been called a racist for not supporting the president, but I get your point. What about the 2nd part though? Were you sincerely shocked by Beck's statement more than with the thousand other times he has slammed Obama?

I dont have the context... If he said Obama is a racist, that's imflammatory, regardless of it's context or how many times he has slammed Obama. If he said, "the Obama policy of xyz is a racist policy" then I dont see it as either surprising or inflammatory.

I personally find Beck to be annoying. Not because of his opinions, but rather because I find him to be a condescending prick with a voice that grates on me. I was more commenting on your statement that calling someone a racists is inflammatory. I was once hit up by a black panhandler that said "hey man, give me a dollar..." I told him to take a hike and he said I was racist, which didnt exactly help his case for a dollar.

I bumped into him again at burger king and he hit me up for breakfast, I told him I was a racist.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Pez wrote:I dont have the context... If he said Obama is a racist, that's imflammatory, regardless of it's context or how many times he has slammed Obama. If he said, "the Obama policy of xyz is a racist policy" then I dont see it as either surprising or inflammatory.

I personally find Beck to be annoying. Not because of his opinions, but rather because I find him to be a condescending prick with a voice that grates on me. I was more commenting on your statement that calling someone a racists is inflammatory. I was once hit up by a black panhandler that said "hey man, give me a dollar..." I told him to take a hike and he said I was racist, which didnt exactly help his case for a dollar.

I bumped into him again at burger king and he hit me up for breakfast, I told him I was a racist.
I think context means everything. I had to do a little research. It turns out he was speaking of the Henry Gates arrest. I wouldn't call Obama a racist based on his remarks over that, but I can see where Beck was going. By the way, these remarks were almost a month ago.

Interesting story about the panhandler. I wonder how many times he has used the race card and it actually worked. Someone maybe saying "I'll prove him wrong by giving him a dollar".
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:40 am

Credit Conan O'Brien for this: "So a company whose sole purpose is to make everything whiter pulls out over this?" Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 am

Markwes wrote:Interesting story about the panhandler. I wonder how many times he has used the race card and it actually worked. Someone maybe saying "I'll prove him wrong by giving him a dollar".

Yea, I prolly should kept my mouth shut... I do believe his comments over the gates case were foolish... I can see where a conservative opinionist can make the case they were racially motivated (after all, there were two black people involved), race has to enter the picture somewhere. If I made a joke about a police officer's mother I would have expected to be arrested, not because I was black or white, but because I was stupid -- no constitutional protection for that :-)

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:29 am

Pez wrote:
Markwes wrote:Interesting story about the panhandler. I wonder how many times he has used the race card and it actually worked. Someone maybe saying "I'll prove him wrong by giving him a dollar".

Yea, I prolly should kept my mouth shut... I do believe his comments over the gates case were foolish... I can see where a conservative opinionist can make the case they were racially motivated (after all, there were two black people involved), race has to enter the picture somewhere. If I made a joke about a police officer's mother I would have expected to be arrested, not because I was black or white, but because I was stupid -- no constitutional protection for that :-)

what law did you break by crackin on a donut eating police officers mother?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am

hehe... I'd call it the WW liquor law... I was talking to a guy there, and they said that their late night policy of shoplifters is to beat the sh** out of them instead of calling the police...

Sooner or later you would be resisting law enforcement... there's also slander...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:48 am

it wasnt just a comment about obama being racist. it was beck saying he believes obama has a deep seated hatred for white people. i think the number is 33 now, of advertisers with faux who refuse to allow their ads to run during beck show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZDnpPafaA
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 am

floridafun wrote:it wasnt just a comment about obama being racist. it was beck saying he believes obama has a deep seated hatred for white people. i think the number is 33 now, of advertisers with faux who refuse to allow their ads to run during beck show.

Interesting to note that if the advertisers where really furious about Beck as they claim, why wouldn't they pull all of their ads off Fox as opposed to just pulling them from the Beck show? Seems to me they understand they can market their product to a much larger audience by staying on Fox instead of moving their ads to the Clinton News Network or MisSinformationNBC. Maybe they should move their erectile dysfunction ads from Fox to these networks so Chris Mathews can continue to get a thrill up his leg when Obama speaks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 am

Kroman wrote:
floridafun wrote:it wasnt just a comment about obama being racist. it was beck saying he believes obama has a deep seated hatred for white people. i think the number is 33 now, of advertisers with faux who refuse to allow their ads to run during beck show.

Interesting to note that if the advertisers where really furious about Beck as they claim, why wouldn't they pull all of their ads off Fox as opposed to just pulling them from the Beck show? Seems to me they understand they can market their product to a much larger audience by staying on Fox instead of moving their ads to the Clinton News Network or MisSinformationNBC. Maybe they should move their erectile dysfunction ads from Fox to these networks so Chris Mathews can continue to get a thrill up his leg when Obama speaks.

Markwes, what was it you posted, about the types of humor that appealed to Conservatives vs. Liberals? I recall something exhumed from a Playboy blog about "angry sex with Conservative female politicians"... I submit this lame attempt at humor for comparison.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next