The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

+4
Pez
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

Post  Pez Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 am

Fox news leading the cable news market is like 9 of 10 dentists recommending trident for their patients that chew gum... behind the lines, your dentists doesnt think gum is that great of idea at all...

Television news networks all suck... the majority of people that consume crappy sensationalist Newstainment (get it? new stain? damn I'm clever) are conservatives... I'm surprised it took this long for Fox to take the lead... After all... anyone who like to watch Lou Dobbs piss and moan (I'm just saying...) in his blush colored lipstick are getting what they deserve.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Fox News Leads Cable News Networks - Page 3 Empty Re: Fox News Leads Cable News Networks

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:52 am

"Critics love to see you succeed, just not by them"
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 pm

They are pulling their ads off.

http://schott.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/beckxodus/?scp=1&sq=advertisers%20pulling%20from%20Glenn%20Beck%27s%20show&st=cse

August 20, 2009, 5:36 am
Beckxodus

Nickname for the alleged “exodus” of advertisers from Glenn Beck’s show on Fox News.

Commenting on the latest companies to pull their advertising from Glenn Beck’s Fox News show (in response to Beck calling President Obama a racist with a “deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture”) RBR/TVBR wrote:

Eight more clients have asked that their commercial messages stay away from Glenn Beck’s Fox News Channel program, bringing the total number of former advertisers to 20. The latest members of the Beckxodus (yeah, we made up a new word) include some big corporate names.

The roster of companies to have joined the “Beckxodus,” according to RBR/TVBR, includes: Best Buy, CVS, Travelocity, Wal-Mart, GEICO, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance, RadioShack, Roche, SC Johnson, and State Farm Insurance.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Too bad Glenn won't get to stand in the unemployment line with all of those people he has spit upon with his rhetoric.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 pm

i heard this morning its up to 60 but cant find a list..

http://digg.com/politics/More_advertisers_pull_support_for_Glenn_Beck

Lawyers.com, Procter & Gamble, Progressive, S.C. Johnson, GEICO, Men's Wearhouse and, just Wednesday morning, Sargento.

**UPDATE: On Thursday, ConAgra, Roche, Sanofi-Aventis and RadioShack

edit--i retract the number 60 because i just cant confirm it.

Last edited by floridafun on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Kroman wrote:
floridafun wrote:it wasnt just a comment about obama being racist. it was beck saying he believes obama has a deep seated hatred for white people. i think the number is 33 now, of advertisers with faux who refuse to allow their ads to run during beck show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZDnpPafaA

Interesting to note that if the advertisers where really furious about Beck as they claim, why wouldn't they pull all of their ads off Fox as opposed to just pulling them from the Beck show? Seems to me they understand they can market their product to a much larger audience by staying on Fox instead of moving their ads to the Clinton News Network or MisSinformationNBC. Maybe they should move their erectile dysfunction ads from Fox to these networks so Chris Mathews can continue to get a thrill up his leg when Obama speaks.

why pull from the station? they seem to me to be saying they support the right of all of us having differing views and appreciate advertising their products to keep shows on the air financially. they are making their point by isolating it to race baiter beck.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Who's still advertising with Beck? Did I read a post on here to that effect or was it a user comment?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 pm

I suspect that these companies know they are getting far more advertising for free by making this move than they would by paying Fox to air their commercials, and to a different audience. And now other companies have pulled out, there's added pressure on the remaining to not appear insensitive. Do you really think for a minute that these CEO's all of a sudden have a conscience? Or think that they the average Glen Beck viewer would be outraged at the comment and boycott their product? If you do, I have some swamp land for sale. Let me ask this. If he had said Robert Byrd is a racist, would the advertisers have pulled out? If not, what's the difference?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:29 pm

speaking of average beck viewers and outrage.. Cool

http://www.defendglenn.com/
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Markwes wrote:I suspect that these companies know they are getting far more advertising for free by making this move than they would by paying Fox to air their commercials, and to a different audience. And now other companies have pulled out, there's added pressure on the remaining to not appear insensitive. Do you really think for a minute that these CEO's all of a sudden have a conscience? Or think that they the average Glen Beck viewer would be outraged at the comment and boycott their product? If you do, I have some swamp land for sale. Let me ask this. If he had said Robert Byrd is a racist, would the advertisers have pulled out? If not, what's the difference?

The use of Robert Bryd in this instance is str8 out of the Rush Limbaugh play book. Nice try Mark ... F A I L
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:I suspect that these companies know they are getting far more advertising for free by making this move than they would by paying Fox to air their commercials, and to a different audience. And now other companies have pulled out, there's added pressure on the remaining to not appear insensitive. Do you really think for a minute that these CEO's all of a sudden have a conscience? Or think that they the average Glen Beck viewer would be outraged at the comment and boycott their product? If you do, I have some swamp land for sale. Let me ask this. If he had said Robert Byrd is a racist, would the advertisers have pulled out? If not, what's the difference?

The use of Robert Bryd in this instance is str8 out of the Rush Limbaugh play book. Nice try Mark ... F A I L
I would really like to know where I can find all these playbooks you and FF mention - Rove, Limbaugh, etc. Maybe then I'd have an idea what I'm being accused of.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:

I would really like to know where I can find all these playbooks you and FF mention - Rove, Limbaugh, etc. Maybe then I'd have an idea what I'm being accused of.

They use the same playbook as the Detroit Lions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 pm

floridafun wrote:
Kroman wrote:
floridafun wrote:it wasnt just a comment about obama being racist. it was beck saying he believes obama has a deep seated hatred for white people. i think the number is 33 now, of advertisers with faux who refuse to allow their ads to run during beck show.

Interesting to note that if the advertisers where really furious about Beck as they claim, why wouldn't they pull all of their ads off Fox as opposed to just pulling them from the Beck show? Seems to me they understand they can market their product to a much larger audience by staying on Fox instead of moving their ads to the Clinton News Network or MisSinformationNBC. Maybe they should move their erectile dysfunction ads from Fox to these networks so Chris Mathews can continue to get a thrill up his leg when Obama speaks.

why pull from the station? they seem to me to be saying they support the right of all of us having differing views and appreciate advertising their products to keep shows on the air financially. they are making their point by isolating it to race baiter beck.

That could be very well true. Good point.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 pm

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Markwes, what was it you posted, about the types of humor that appealed to Conservatives vs. Liberals? I recall something exhumed from a Playboy blog about "angry sex with Conservative female politicians"... I submit this lame attempt at humor for comparison.

It wasn't a joke. It was a suggestion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:53 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Markwes, what was it you posted, about the types of humor that appealed to Conservatives vs. Liberals? I recall something exhumed from a Playboy blog about "angry sex with Conservative female politicians"... I submit this lame attempt at humor for comparison.

It wasn't a joke. It was a suggestion.

My ED treatment is just to repeat "angry sex with Conservative female politicians" over and over... boioioioioing.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:07 am

It's obvious foxnews is not liked by some in this thread. It's important to know what content is discussed on channels they do like. Humor or not, Mathews gets a thrill up his leg when talking about Obama. If you want to watch that crap on a channel go for it. Gives a whole new meaning to "Hardball".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:23 am

Kroman wrote:It's obvious foxnews is not liked by some in this thread. It's important to know what content is discussed on channels they do like. Humor or not, Mathews gets a thrill up his leg when talking about Obama. If you want to watch that crap on a channel go for it. Gives a whole new meaning to "Hardball".

hehe... hardball... nice... Seriously, I have lost the taste for all the cable news shows, as well as the major network shows... If it's not news on NPR, I dont hear it. All the networks jumped the shark long ago, starting when NBC set the trucks on fire years ago...

I dont care for Fox news because they are so blatant about denying their own bias when it's so apparent. And that chick with the alien cheekbones (see previous comments about conservative women)... I dont care for CNN because wolf blitzer is a pansy... and they may as well slobber on Obama's knob... I did however watch this year's election coverage on Fox news :-)

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:45 am

Pez wrote:All the networks jumped the shark long ago, starting when NBC set the trucks on fire years ago...

Interesting. The article I read while waiting for my tires at Zurchers was from the NRA magazine American Rifleman and it mentioned the fire-truck scam.

The “20/20” crew gave the attacker so many advantages that the project started to look a lot like another infamous news magazine “experiment”--the 1993 NBC “Dateline” report in which NBC rigged General Motors pickup trucks with explosives, and then videotaped the trucks blowing up in collisions, to “prove” the trucks were unsafe.

Anyway, this is the article which turned me on to reconsidering or reinforcing my viewpoint on right-to-carry. I wondered if anyone wanted to review it's content and let me know if there's anything out of line inside. It certainly appealed to my skeptical view of mass media vomit.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?id=363&issue=003
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:53 am

meta4 wrote:
Pez wrote:All the networks jumped the shark long ago, starting when NBC set the trucks on fire years ago...

Interesting. The article I read while waiting for my tires at Zurchers was from the NRA magazine American Rifleman and it mentioned the fire-truck scam.

The “20/20” crew gave the attacker so many advantages that the project started to look a lot like another infamous news magazine “experiment”--the 1993 NBC “Dateline” report in which NBC rigged General Motors pickup trucks with explosives, and then videotaped the trucks blowing up in collisions, to “prove” the trucks were unsafe.

Anyway, this is the article which turned me on to reconsidering or reinforcing my viewpoint on right-to-carry. I wondered if anyone wanted to review it's content and let me know if there's anything out of line inside. It certainly appealed to my skeptical view of mass media vomit.

Nice fixed scenario's in the report. I gave up on the media in this country awhile ago.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Nice fixed scenario's in the report. I gave up on the media in this country awhile ago.

MOVE
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Bman wrote:MOVE

All this conflict over the fact I don't support the same viewpoint of gun control? Rolling Eyes

It's comforting to know that you can rise above the issues and separate your political views from friendship. If you're just joking please say so, otherwise...

I suggest you get out a little more, talk to people and consider other viewpoints. Expand your mind and let the world around you "stretch you" a bit. I believe you'll be able to enjoy more of life than you do currently. The direction you're going may eventually turn you into a liberal curmudgeon.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homogenization
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:21 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:MOVE

All this conflict over the fact I don't support the same viewpoint of gun control? Rolling Eyes

It's comforting to know that you can rise above the issues and separate your political views from friendship. If you're just joking please say so, otherwise...

I suggest you get out a little more, talk to people and consider other viewpoints. Expand your mind and let the world around you "stretch you" a bit. I believe you'll be able to enjoy more of life than you do currently. The direction you're going may eventually turn you into a liberal curmudgeon.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homogenization

I think it's harsh to tell someone to move because of their beliefs, opinions etc. Let's just eat, drink and be merry... cheers Screw all this political viewpoints and differences. Laughing
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:36 pm

POTD... there isnt anyone on this board that I wouldnt like to have a bevegae with...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Pez wrote:POTD... there isnt anyone on this board that I wouldnt like to have a bevegae with...

Agreed. I'll buy first round.
Fox News Leads Cable News Networks - Page 3 64140
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Bman wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

MOVE

META ... get a grip I was quoting Scooby telling him to move if he does not trust the media here ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next