The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the july 1 health care town hall meeting

+3
Markwes
LTRT
floridafun
7 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

the july 1 health care town hall meeting - Page 5 Empty Re: the july 1 health care town hall meeting

Post  Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:48 am

meta4 wrote:Meh. I suppose the Lord reveals himself the same way to each soul, eh? He generally reveals same plan to each believer so that we can all get on the same page, get organized according to our individual talents, and work together as one body. That's some plan. Think about it.

Not sure what your point here is. To be on "same page" means one has to believe in Christ. FF doesn't so you are stating she is not on the same page. I would agree with that. Excellent point meta. ey? Your "one body" comment has to do with the body of Christ which is the local church. Seems like the local church continues to get a beating by the lefties on this board. ey? Think about that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

the july 1 health care town hall meeting - Page 5 Empty Re: the july 1 health care town hall meeting

Post  Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Kroman you have ripped on several peoples religious beliefs ... I have one suggestion for you. Go read your posts and dwell on them. I would say "swing and a miss" for you too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Bman wrote:Kroman you have ripped on several peoples religious beliefs ... I have one suggestion for you. Go read your posts and dwell on them. I would say "swing and a miss" for you too.

You go find one post of mine where I rip someone for believing in what they believe. Find it. I have a brother who is an athiest and I have co-workers who are muslim and hindus. We all get along just fine and respect each other.

It's this board where you'll find religious intolerance and it's predominantely from the left.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Kroman wrote:
Bman wrote:Kroman you have ripped on several peoples religious beliefs ... I have one suggestion for you. Go read your posts and dwell on them. I would say "swing and a miss" for you too.

You go find one post of mine where I rip someone for believing in what they believe. Find it. I have a brother who is an athiest and I have co-workers who are muslim and hindus. We all get along just fine and respect each other.

It's this board where you'll find religious intolerance and it's predominantely from the left.

Hypocrisy is not a religion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:41 pm

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:26 pm

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Fortitude is the virtue by which we live.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:41 pm

Moving back on topic, but in keeping with the theme of hypocrisy...

LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Kroman wrote:

being a heretic (non-believer/non-supporter) does not make one intolerant of religion. however i am intolerant of some christians regarding their personal practices (versus what they expect of others) and hypocricy (versus what they expect from others) and judgemental i-am-special bragging (versus what they expect from others).

i have often said i have admiration for many christians. i have often said many are absolutely good and sincere and i understand they gain alot from their faith.have often said i am glad for them they have that. the same is true of atheists i know..except that they are getting those same things without religion.

you dont happen to be a christian i would have great admiration for kromie, base exclusively on what you have posted over the years on this and on the old jg board. i know that wont bother you any more than it bothers me that you have an equal amount of lack of admiration for me santa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 pm

floridafun wrote:
Kroman wrote:

being a heretic (non-believer/non-supporter) does not make one intolerant of religion. however i am intolerant of some christians regarding their personal practices (versus what they expect of others) and hypocricy (versus what they expect from others) and judgemental i-am-special bragging (versus what they expect from others).

i have often said i have admiration for many christians. i have often said many are absolutely good and sincere and i understand they gain alot from their faith.have often said i am glad for them they have that. the same is true of atheists i know..except that they are getting those same things without religion.

you dont happen to be a christian i would have great admiration for kromie, base exclusively on what you have posted over the years on this and on the old jg board. i know that wont bother you any more than it bothers me that you have an equal amount of lack of admiration for me santa

You are right. Your comments don't bother me a bit. And you are right, the feeling is mutual based exclusively on what you have posted over the years on this board and the old jg board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:56 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:Meh. I suppose the Lord reveals himself the same way to each soul, eh? He generally reveals same plan to each believer so that we can all get on the same page, get organized according to our individual talents, and work together as one body. That's some plan. Think about it.

Not sure what your point here is. To be on "same page" means one has to believe in Christ. FF doesn't so you are stating she is not on the same page. I would agree with that. Excellent point meta. ey? Your "one body" comment has to do with the body of Christ which is the local church. Seems like the local church continues to get a beating by the lefties on this board. ey? Think about that.

I hope you don't think I'm "ripping" on your religion, I have been critical towards you when it seemed to me that you've had a hypocritical position. When I say hypocritical, your statements didn't seem to align with apparently simple and basic teachings of the Bible. Call it natural curiosity. I think we've discussed this very topic on the other board as well. You're a Christian, and you are public about your beliefs. Isn't it natural that people ask what you believe and why you believe it? So, with that history in mind, ergo my attitude towards you. You've been less than accommodating with my queries, and have taken, at time, great offense when I have probed.

I've never, that I recall, made any specific comment about a local church on any board, ever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:33 pm

[quote="meta4"]
Kroman wrote:

I hope you don't think I'm "ripping" on your religion, I have been critical towards you when it seemed to me that you've had a hypocritical position. When I say hypocritical, your statements didn't seem to align with apparently simple and basic teachings of the Bible. Call it natural curiosity. I think we've discussed this very topic on the other board as well. You're a Christian, and you are public about your beliefs. Isn't it natural that people ask what you believe and why you believe it? So, with that history in mind, ergo my attitude towards you. You've been less than accommodating with my queries, and have taken, at time, great offense when I have probed.

I've never, that I recall, made any specific comment about a local church on any board, ever.

No I don't believe you are ripping on my, or anyone elses, religion. There are those on this board who do. My basic believes about the Bible? They are as follows:

1. Man/women are inperfect.
2. God is perfect.
3. Men and women die because of their sin.
4. God allowed his son, Jesus Christ, who was perfect to shed his own blood on the cross to make atonement for our sins.
5. Man/Women have a choice. Believe in Christ, spend eternity in heaven. Reject Christ, spend eternity in hell.

That's what I believe are the basic teachings of the bible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 pm

I can summarize the bible in one word...sinbad.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:51 pm

[quote="Kroman"]
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:

No I don't believe you are ripping on my, or anyone elses, religion. There are those on this board who do. My basic believes about the Bible? They are as follows:

2. God is perfect.
4. God allowed his son, Jesus Christ, who was perfect to shed his own blood on the cross to make atonement for our sins.
5. Man/Women have a choice. Believe in Christ, spend eternity in heaven. Reject Christ, spend eternity in hell.

Very good post. Refreshing.

I have to ask. May I to assume by the brevity of how you've framed your personal beliefs explained here, that any other terrestrial decisions are left to mankind to decide? Said another way, outside of what you've summarized, is all else left to man to decide? Does this explain why we have so much conflict among mankind over seemingly basic issues over how we govern ourselves in the absence of God's physical/visual presence?

Sorry readers for the slight tangent, I wonder if this is an important bridge to precedent the context of our current topic of discussion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 pm

[quote="meta4"]
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:

2. God is perfect.

Very good post. Refreshing.

I have to ask. May I to assume by the brevity of how you've framed your personal beliefs explained here, that any other terrestrial decisions are left to mankind to decide? Said another way, outside of what you've summarized, is all else left to man to decide? Does this explain why we have so much conflict among mankind over seemingly basic issues over how we govern ourselves in the absence of God's physical/visual presence?

Sorry readers for the slight tangent, I wonder if this is an important bridge to precedent the context of our current topic of discussion.

II Timothy 3:16-17
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I can summarize the bible in one word...sinbad.

good summarization!!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:sinbad.

Isn't he a washed up comedian? Smile
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:18 am

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:sinbad.

Isn't he a washed up comedian? Smile

I think Cincy meant to say "Redsbad"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:22 am

Kroman wrote:

Still searching bman?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:22 am

Kroman wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Still searching bman?

You have ripped the shit out of me and my church for one ... I did not respond because I thought it was blantantly obvious .... and I still think it is, you must be oblivious to the hate that spews from your mouth. I would have guessed that though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:59 pm

that was my first thought too bman..but its kinda like talking to the dining room table imho.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:01 pm

floridafun wrote:that was my first thought too bman..but its kinda like talking to the dining room table imho.

Go Barney Go Barney Go Barney
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:16 pm

Bman wrote:
floridafun wrote:that was my first thought too bman..but its kinda like talking to the dining room table imho.

Leave it to you to cheer on someone who's actions have caused a mess in our country.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:01 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:

Leave it to you to cheer on someone who's actions have caused a mess in our country.

Yeah, lets not leave out the good guys...

Go AIG, Go GM, Go Citibank

Go! Go! Gadget Pension Fraud
Go! Go! Gadget Insurance Fraud
Go! Go! Gadget Tax Fraud
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Alot of the ideas you get it wouldn't surprise if they came from a dining room table.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Still searching bman?

You have ripped the shit out of me and my church for one ... I did not respond because I thought it was blantantly obvious .... and I still think it is, you must be oblivious to the hate that spews from your mouth. I would have guessed that though.

I have not slammed you for your decision to attend church of chose your faith. What I've taken you to task on is your constant stereotyping of Christians because of the actions of a few. You have slammed Baptists, Bob Jones University, The Saddleback church and Rick Warren, and the list can go on.

Again, find one post where I have slammed anybody for choosing his/her religion. Try to step away from the same table as Barney Frank so you can think clearly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next