The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the july 1 health care town hall meeting

+3
Markwes
LTRT
floridafun
7 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

the july 1 health care town hall meeting - Page 6 Empty Re: the july 1 health care town hall meeting

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:
floridafun wrote:that was my first thought too bman..but its kinda like talking to the dining room table imho.

Go Barney Go Barney Go Barney

Leave it to you to cheer on someone who's actions have caused a mess in our country.

Yeah, lets not leave out the good guys...

Go AIG, Go GM, Go Citibank

Go! Go! Gadget Pension Fraud
Go! Go! Gadget Insurance Fraud
Go! Go! Gadget Tax Fraud

You can also include Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, unscrupulous mortgage lenders with bad mortgage offers, and the irresponsible people signing large mortgages they can't pay for.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

the july 1 health care town hall meeting - Page 6 Empty Re: the july 1 health care town hall meeting

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Obama: GOP conspiracy out to kill health reform
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/20/obama-gop-conspiracy-out-kill-health-reform/

I suppose every single senior that is against his HC plan is an angry right-winger.

So much for that campaign promise of ending partisanship.......

Hooray for the uniter.... Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:56 pm

LTRT wrote:Obama: GOP conspiracy out to kill health reform
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/20/obama-gop-conspiracy-out-kill-health-reform/

I suppose every single senior that is against his HC plan is an angry right-winger.

Please, get your facts straight, George W. Bush ran as the Uniter not the Divider.

I want Obama to get REAL partisan and shove shit down you guys throat. He is not playing hardball enough for me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:59 pm

you realize that if/when BHO is voted out like Jimmy Carter the thumpers are gonna be hitting hard every day like you what they don't like about the new prez, don't ya'? Oh wait, you're just doing what they did for 8 years with GWB...difference is they were doing their constitutional right whereas you're just a whiner. Rolling Eyes
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:02 pm

Bman wrote:

Please, get your facts straight, George W. Bush ran as the Uniter not the Divider.

I want Obama to get REAL partisan and shove shit down you guys throat. He is not playing hardball enough for me.
When Obama starts shovin' shit down peoples throats, he'd better not get too comfy in the White House. That would be his downfall.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:38 pm

Bman wrote:

Sue me...community organizer than, you happy. What a wonderful job he's doing there.

During the whole campaign we we're forced to hear about hope and change. All the promises, how many are there, hundreds? So according to you by your own words, this change was a guise to rahm in the arse the leftist agenda from the boys from Chi-town and grab all the power they can muster and (as you put it) screw the GOP. I thought you were the accountant? It doesn't affect just the right, it's the country stupid! Don't come back with your compassionate plea for HC for your illegals or talk your nonsense about taxes.

2010 baby...2010

Reviewing recent polling and the 2010 election landscape, Cook can envision a scenario in which Democratic House losses could exceed 20 seats.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/0809/Charlie_Cook_Dem_situation_has_slipped_completely_out_of_control.html
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:13 am

My only beef with Obama is he is not being tough enough on the right .. yep you are right, I want him to shove a left wing agenda down your throats ... yes I do. It is standard for a sitting President's party to lose seats in a mid term election, we shall see what type of losses they are. I want taxes to go up, I want govt to grow ... I want govt in YOUR life more to make you even more uncomfortable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:43 am

Bman wrote:My only beef with Obama is he is not being tough enough on the right .. yep you are right, I want him to shove a left wing agenda down your throats ... yes I do. It is standard for a sitting President's party to lose seats in a mid term election, we shall see what type of losses they are. I want taxes to go up, I want govt to grow ... I want govt in YOUR life more to make you even more uncomfortable.
Well then I guess that makes you a hater. Sorry to see you have become such an angry individual.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 am

OK, Bman is really starting scare me.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:32 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:My only beef with Obama is he is not being tough enough on the right .. yep you are right, I want him to shove a left wing agenda down your throats ... yes I do. It is standard for a sitting President's party to lose seats in a mid term election, we shall see what type of losses they are. I want taxes to go up, I want govt to grow ... I want govt in YOUR life more to make you even more uncomfortable.
Well then I guess that makes you a hater. Sorry to see you have become such an angry individual.

OH PLEASE .... Bush and Cheney crammed shit down our throats for 8 years, turn around is fair play. Hope and Change were key words to us liberals that we were going to get our chance to shove shit down your throats. Please, Bush rammed tax cuts down our throats immediately upon entering office, he rammed a war down our throat that he LIED to us about so please tell me how has anything that Obama done even remotely compared to shoving a war down our throats.

Yes, I am an angry liberal and I want us to do what it takes to GET OUR COUNTRY BACK.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 am

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

OH PLEASE .... Bush and Cheney crammed shit down our throats for 8 years, turn around is fair play. Hope and Change were key words to us liberals that we were going to get our chance to shove shit down your throats. Please, Bush rammed tax cuts down our throats immediately upon entering office, he rammed a war down our throat that he LIED to us about so please tell me how has anything that Obama done even remotely compared to shoving a war down our throats.

Yes, I am an angry liberal and I want us to do what it takes to GET OUR COUNTRY BACK.

"angry liberal" why, because you thought the country was going to bow to 'that one' and didn't?

Do you know anything about economics..............anything?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 am

Yea LTRT I do ... I know trickle down does not work. The rich have gotten richer due to the tax cuts put in place by the Bush Administration. I know the middle class is dwindling. I know FOR A FACT that for the government to create ONE job in the private sector it takes $145,000 in tax cuts to stimulate one job and it takes $92,000 in govt spending to create that one job. FACT ... it is cheaper to stimulate the economy with govt spending vs. tax cuts that get kept at the top end.

Your economic theory is what it is best for LTRT and his next volvo purchase. GREED got this country into this mess and you just want to continue that thinking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:33 am

Bman wrote:Yea LTRT I do ... I know trickle down does not work. The rich have gotten richer due to the tax cuts put in place by the Bush Administration. I know the middle class is dwindling. I know FOR A FACT that for the government to create ONE job in the private sector it takes $145,000 in tax cuts to stimulate one job and it takes $92,000 in govt spending to create that one job. FACT ... it is cheaper to stimulate the economy with govt spending vs. tax cuts that get kept at the top end.

Your economic theory is what it is best for LTRT and his next volvo purchase. GREED got this country into this mess and you just want to continue that thinking.

Blah, blah, blah, please don't regurgitate all your campaign rhetoric on us, please.

About those jobs...it'd be nice if your boy would create some besides the gov't ones.

The report also revealed that through the end of June that stimulus money created or saved 796 jobs, with 700 of those state workers who did not have to get laid off thanks to the federal grants, Fitch said.
In New Hampshire, 700 of 796 stimulus jobs are state workers
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
[url=http://Hooray for the uniter.... Rolling Eyes
you realize that if/when BHO is voted out like Jimmy Carter the thumpers are gonna be hitting hard every day like you what they don't like about the new prez, don't ya'? Oh wait, you're just doing what they did for 8 years with GWB...difference is they were doing their constitutional right whereas you're just a whiner. Rolling Eyes

?? huh? regarding the washington times article..when the initial conversations and listing of needed changes were occuring, there were several bipartisan meetings and both parties were regularly making public comments about how the time had come to review insurance and medical industries. civil discussions both sides regularly reported on tv as bipartisan and ready to continue on a path of reform. then a surprising switcheroo. the republican leader tells the repubs to just say no. no matter what is offered, just say no..jim demint reading from the shiney new repub talking points which focus on disagreeing with everything obama so nothing passes in the hopes the lack of anything passing will mean the end of his presidency. his waterloo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHV4nDS501Y

i dont get is your comment "did for 8 years with GWB...difference is they were doing their constitutional right whereas you're just a whiner.". is this saying what was done by bush/cheney followed the constitution??
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Markwes wrote:

Bman and FF are the new version of the "Angry Beavers"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:11 pm

floridafun wrote:i dont get is your comment "did for 8 years with GWB...difference is they were doing their constitutional right whereas you're just a whiner.". is this saying what was done by bush/cheney followed the constitution??
I guess what I'm trying to say is that those who demonstrated against GWB were perceived as exercising their constitutional right to demonstrate, whereas those who demonstate against this admin (i.e. the "teabaggers") are seen as a bunch of whiners.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
floridafun wrote:i dont get is your comment "did for 8 years with GWB...difference is they were doing their constitutional right whereas you're just a whiner.". is this saying what was done by bush/cheney followed the constitution??
I guess what I'm trying to say is that those who demonstrated against GWB were perceived as exercising their constitutional right to demonstrate, whereas those who demonstate against this admin (i.e. the "teabaggers") are seen as a bunch of whiners.

I'm just taking a stab here, but I'd say it may have something to do with the content of their message and the method of delivery. Steve Jobs was better than Bill Gates, but which company had greater success and what is the main element that differentiates the blastoff of the two companies? Marketing.

So much for 'organized' protesting... "Hey y'all, lets get our message across by shouting. That'll work!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:07 pm

meta4 wrote:I'm just taking a stab here, but I'd say it may have something to do with the content of their message and the method of delivery. Steve Jobs was better than Bill Gates, but which company had greater success and what is the main element that differentiates the blastoff of the two companies? Marketing.

So much for 'organized' protesting... "Hey y'all, lets get our message across by shouting. That'll work!"
Are you talking about the town hall meetings? Because those are hardly "protests". They are, well, meetings. Now the so-called tea parties are protests, but I'm not aware of excessive shouting at these events.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:I'm just taking a stab here, but I'd say it may have something to do with the content of their message and the method of delivery. Steve Jobs was better than Bill Gates, but which company had greater success and what is the main element that differentiates the blastoff of the two companies? Marketing.

Are you talking about the town hall meetings? Because those are hardly "protests". They are, well, meetings. Now the so-called tea parties are protests, but I'm not aware of excessive shouting at these events.

Yeah, I know where you're going. I wasn't trying to speak specifically about the teabag parties, but more generally...

You couldn't go so far as to say they are peaceful, eh? Lots of anger being voiced by the protesters. Anger is a magnetic emotion but yet it's fruitless. Sure it's expressive, perhaps some people get some temporary relief by expressing anger but it doesn't build the best quality product. that's all I'm sayin'...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Yes, I agree there are definitely individuals against the healthcare plan that have been over the top. And no good comes out of meetings that are ended without discussion because of a chaotic situation. But the fact remains that we don't know what is going on at these meetings other than what we see in the news and on youtube. There are claims of stacking the meetings with pro-Obamacare people. There is video of Kenneth Gladney, a black conservative, being attacked and called racial slurs by union thugs because he was selling political buttons. I don't completely know who to believe, but I know I'm not trusting the Obama camp a whole lot at this time.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm with you about trusting this administration Mark. Just found out today that the Obama administration used tax payer dollars to hire a third party to send mass spam emails promoting his healthcare plan. It took Foxnews to uncover this. The liberal networks are giving Obama a pass on this one too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/22/white-house-reveals-identity-firm-sent-unsolicited-e-mails-health-reform/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Kroman wrote:I'm with you about trusting this administration Mark. Just found out today that the Obama administration used tax payer dollars to hire a third party to send mass spam emails promoting his healthcare plan. It took Foxnews to uncover this. The liberal networks are giving Obama a pass on this one too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/22/white-house-reveals-identity-firm-sent-unsolicited-e-mails-health-reform/

Be prepared for FF to give you 40 lashes for citing Foxnews. Suspect Arrow
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 am

Those dastardly emails ... damn them .... DAMN THOSE EMAILS!!!!!!

Let's see kill almost 5,000 US soliders in a war started by a lie ... trust that Admintration ....

an administration sends out hundreds of unwnated emails, DON"T TRUST THAT Administration.

You guys are such fools.

LOL LOL LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:33 am

Hey, at least Fox news used the term "health reform". Maybe the country is making progress... Very Happy

Other than that it was a typical slanted reporting highlighting the cynical view of the Obama administration.

See it's OK if we get to use Fox news or CNN or ABC, NBC, CBS but if money is spent getting the word out through email - booooo. I don't see the problem here. From the Obama admin's perspective, people don't know the facts, if they try to get the facts out to people who don't get their news from the "standard" channels, they're blasted. If they say anything about the healthcare reform, they're blasted before meaningful facts are fully communicated.

Of course, the question still remains, what is there to trust? Suspect There must be something they're hiding if they chose to use email media coverage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:48 am

I think it is more of the fact they used taxpayers dollars for this political item. Why didn't they use DNC dollars?
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next