The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the july 1 health care town hall meeting

+3
Markwes
LTRT
floridafun
7 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

the july 1 health care town hall meeting - Page 7 Empty Re: the july 1 health care town hall meeting

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:50 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:I think it is more of the fact they used taxpayers dollars for this political item. Why didn't they use DNC dollars?

Exactly the point I was making Scooby. Of course that went over the heads of the lefties.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

the july 1 health care town hall meeting - Page 7 Empty Re: the july 1 health care town hall meeting

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:51 am

LTRT wrote:
Kroman wrote:I'm with you about trusting this administration Mark. Just found out today that the Obama administration used tax payer dollars to hire a third party to send mass spam emails promoting his healthcare plan. It took Foxnews to uncover this. The liberal networks are giving Obama a pass on this one too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/22/white-house-reveals-identity-firm-sent-unsolicited-e-mails-health-reform/

Be prepared for FF to give you 40 lashes for citing Foxnews. Suspect Arrow

I couldn't care less about anything she says.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am

Bman wrote:My only beef with Obama is he is not being tough enough on the right .. yep you are right, I want him to shove a left wing agenda down your throats ... yes I do. It is standard for a sitting President's party to lose seats in a mid term election, we shall see what type of losses they are. I want taxes to go up, I want govt to grow ... I want govt in YOUR life more to make you even more uncomfortable.

i have been giving some thought to the man we helped elect. i voted for him mainly because i expected him to use his intelligence and his way of viewing short term plus long term of his, and other peoples, words and actions as part of his natural strategy. i have been recently frustrated too..exactly as i was when hillary was running her campaign according to the rove play book and obama simply did not stoop to that level. i was afraid it would work for her. i wanted him to hit back. but he managed just fine without the rove playbook.

hmmm..keeping that in mind..if i were obama in late july and i knew i was trying to get just a bit of cooperation and even minimal support from some folks who had firmly and publicly decided they wanted to just say no to anything that mattered in what i plan to pass...how exactly would be the smart way to do it? i mull this over, keeping in mind what we know has worked for obama in the past..

hmmm suppopse i go off to vacation knowing full well that the party of no and the pharm and insurance industries are going to do their darndest and spend millions and millions on their actual lies about what they want not-joe the not-a-plumber people to think. and just keep calm and continue along with my supporters to debunk the lies and expose from whence they come. and put more focus on the 80% of the hc overhaul..stop constantly saying public option. what will that do? will all the tee vee coverage flip out and start shouting the public option is dead? will non-hc-supporting politicians begin bragging they got their way and the public option is dead?

uh yeah. THEN will the anti-hc overhaul folks be backed into a corner and have to fess up and admit they dont really care whether public option is off the table..and NOW they arent willing to support any co-op plans, even the ones they introduced which were originally touted by them as needed INSTEAD of public option? more constitutional than a pub plan when they were recommended, after all..and now will they be saying they wont support their own suggested reform ideas for pharm and insurance?

and how might one use exactly that as leverage to really get a good overhaul plan passed..which will include a public option? yeah there is a risk that the teabaggers may vote out dems in 2010..but any riskier than his real supporters voting them out if he doesnt get the right bill passed? hmmm lets flip a coin and see whether the risk is needed...i would say yes.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:56 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:I think it is more of the fact they used taxpayers dollars for this political item. Why didn't they use DNC dollars?

Educating the public on an issue being decided right now is political. Bullshit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:32 am

Bman wrote:

You call it educating. I call it marketing. Getting the public's input would be fine. I have gotten questionnaires in the mail from politicians in office asking for my opinions. Whether or not they actually use the input is something I don't know. Obama is still in campaign mode. I personally think Nancy is running the country.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Bman wrote:

So is Obamanomics
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:00 pm

floridafun wrote:
Bman wrote:My only beef with Obama is he is not being tough enough on the right .. yep you are right, I want him to shove a left wing agenda down your throats ... yes I do. It is standard for a sitting President's party to lose seats in a mid term election, we shall see what type of losses they are. I want taxes to go up, I want govt to grow ... I want govt in YOUR life more to make you even more uncomfortable.

i have been giving some thought to the man we helped elect. i voted for him mainly because i expected him to use his intelligence and his way of viewing short term plus long term of his, and other peoples, words and actions as part of his natural strategy. i have been recently frustrated too..exactly as i was when hillary was running her campaign according to the rove play book and obama simply did not stoop to that level. i was afraid it would work for her. i wanted him to hit back. but he managed just fine without the rove playbook.

hmmm..keeping that in mind..if i were obama in late july and i knew i was trying to get just a bit of cooperation and even minimal support from some folks who had firmly and publicly decided they wanted to just say no to anything that mattered in what i plan to pass...how exactly would be the smart way to do it? i mull this over, keeping in mind what we know has worked for obama in the past..

hmmm suppopse i go off to vacation knowing full well that the party of no and the pharm and insurance industries are going to do their darndest and spend millions and millions on their actual lies about what they want not-joe the not-a-plumber people to think. and just keep calm and continue along with my supporters to debunk the lies and expose from whence they come. and put more focus on the 80% of the hc overhaul..stop constantly saying public option. what will that do? will all the tee vee coverage flip out and start shouting the public option is dead? will non-hc-supporting politicians begin bragging they got their way and the public option is dead?

uh yeah. THEN will the anti-hc overhaul folks be backed into a corner and have to fess up and admit they dont really care whether public option is off the table..and NOW they arent willing to support any co-op plans, even the ones they introduced which were originally touted by them as needed INSTEAD of public option? more constitutional than a pub plan when they were recommended, after all..and now will they be saying they wont support their own suggested reform ideas for pharm and insurance?

and how might one use exactly that as leverage to really get a good overhaul plan passed..which will include a public option? yeah there is a risk that the teabaggers may vote out dems in 2010..but any riskier than his real supporters voting them out if he doesnt get the right bill passed? hmmm lets flip a coin and see whether the risk is needed...i would say yes.

Your boy has 60 votes in the senate and a majority in the house by a wide margin. If he can't pass his version of healthcare reform than he has no one to blame but his own party. Why don't take your sideblinders off and quit drinking the koolaid. Do the math.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:23 am

Bman wrote:

And you wouldn't have been screaming like a little girl if Bush took out a big ad campaign for privatizing social security... No
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7